Author Topic: Nexus 7  (Read 1953 times)

Offline Steve A

Nexus 7
« on: December 29, 2012, 15:14:51 PM »
Heres a good one,I have just received a Nexus 7 for xmas.Prior to that I used a kindle to store/read my e books.I have the latest version of Calibre on my pc which I use for storing and converting various e book formats to put on the Kindle.
I want to do the same with the Nexus but it will not show as a device in Calibre despite Calibre stating it should in their latest fix.
So in short I have loads of books in Calibre but cannot get them onto my Nexus - HELP!

Offline SteveJ

Re: Nexus 7
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, 15:22:49 PM »
Steve,

From the Calibre site (www.calibre-ebook.com) FAQ section...

Follow these steps to find the problem:

•Make sure that you are connecting only a single device to your computer at a time. Do not have another calibre supported device like an iPhone/iPad etc. at the same time.
•If you are connecting an Apple iDevice (iPad, iPod Touch, iPhone), use the ‘Connect to iTunes’ method in the ‘Getting started’ instructions in Calibre + Apple iDevices: Start here.
•Make sure you are running the latest version of calibre. The latest version can always be downloaded from the calibre website.
•Ensure your operating system is seeing the device. That is, the device should show up in Windows Explorer (in Windows) or Finder (in OS X).
•In calibre, go to Preferences->Ignored Devices and check that your device is not being ignored
•In calibre, go to Preferences->Plugins->Device Interface plugin and make sure the plugin for your device is enabled, the plugin icon next to it should be green when it is enabled.
•If all the above steps fail, go to Preferences->Miscellaneous and click debug device detection with your device attached and post the output as a ticket on the calibre bug tracker.

There's a lot of other advice in there so that's where I'd start.

SteveJ

Offline Steve A

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 16:15:53 PM »
Cheers Steve - been there mate 1st port of call,still not able to do it

Offline SteveJ

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2012, 20:53:27 PM »
Your note says that your Nexus does not show up in Calibre but does it appear on your PC as an external drive? Some readers don't have internal storage but instead have an SD slot in which you connect an SD card and use as external storage. I'm not sure if the Nexus is one like that but you may need to have a card in the slot before it will pick it up, just a thought. I'm sure that you won't be the only CBF member who got a Nexus for Chrimbo so someone will be along shortly with the answer (or a "I've got the same problem" reply)    :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf