Author Topic: Bricked Samsung Tablet  (Read 2369 times)

Offline tel

Bricked Samsung Tablet
« on: November 22, 2013, 20:45:39 PM »
Apparently I am one of many that found my tab bricked through no fault of my own and it seems the Samsung start up logo is hanging. I have tried my best to research and fix the problem and it seems the start up folder "EFS" has been compromised. If you have any Samsung device (and it seems a jelly bean prob) then do make a copy of this folder in case of a problem.
My question for any experts out there is have you encountered this problem and has anybody locally in Fethiye been able to correctly solve it or can recommend a shop, say maybe Caspers that could be used with confidence to restore the tab to working order?
Cheers

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Re: Bricked Samsung Tablet
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 20:49:46 PM »
Well, that's just gone over my head at about 35,000 feet !

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member

Offline tel

Re: Bricked Samsung Tablet
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2013, 07:49:22 AM »
Thank you Stoop, much appreciated but I have flashed my JB software through Odin etc etc again like when I upgraded officially to JB back in August and renewed the drivers as mentioned in tutorials. The problem is the EFS folder with your personal details and IMEI has gone awol. After reading up on it, it seems loads of people have this problem. The only thing I have not done and didn't rush to do is remove the battery as it is slightly more awkward on a tab than say a phone huh.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=37533150
I will go so far, not being an expert but that's why I wondered if anyone had this problem sorted in a local dealer in Fethiye as I popped into one and was not comfortable with their ideas etc.
Once again Stoop many thanks for your time so far

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf