Author Topic: Ladies Clothes for sale, all labelled from UK  (Read 14105 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Ladies Clothes for sale, all labelled from UK
« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2011, 23:34:45 PM »
Yes but Jules with no disrespect to FIG, giving "a contribution" is not what you describe as "clear from the start". Saying something like "25% of the proceeds will go to FIG" is clear. This is where this all falls down. If I am buying women's clothes (and I might, who knows what I get up to) at a FIG charity event, I deserve to know that from the £20 I spent, are FIG getting a tenner, a fiver, 28.3p or will it be nothing specific, just a bung at the end once the private seller has lined their pocket. People have an absolute right to know exactly what they have contributed to the charitable cause will end up with the charitable cause and not an individuals wallet. If a charity can't give that information before the event, it really should be considering whether to be involved with the event at all.

Offline Julesp

« Reply #51 on: December 07, 2011, 07:23:16 AM »
I will investigate

Offline Julesp

« Reply #52 on: December 07, 2011, 20:18:41 PM »
Hi I was told today that we at FiG got the proceeds of the raffle But nothing from the fashion sales

But at the time it was made clear that was what would happen

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #53 on: December 07, 2011, 20:41:15 PM »
What reads as a way for a charity to raise money by using the idea of a "fashion show" is actually an individual looking to make money by using a charity to make money privately selling clothes. I agree totally with Anne (mercury) that people are being duped into thinking these are charity events - they are not, they are private (and ILLEGAL) sales of goods using charities as an attempted legitimacy  cover to allow & boost sales and their personal gain. People are being conned in each case I have checked and the wordings are all similar and vague but imply that it is an event for the charity's benefit.

No more fashion shows please - charities need to wake up - this guy was arrested at Dalaman Airport trying to bring in several full suitcases of greetings cards to sell, smuggles "shoe boxes" of undeclared British goods into Turkey to order on illegal border runs and now sells clothes for profit by duping people into believing it is for charity!!!

All future fashion related "charity" events posted on CBF will be deleted without apology and without explanation. If you have something similar, run it past me first.

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
« Reply #54 on: December 08, 2011, 08:13:03 AM »
This is the ad on the local Facebook page, shame the opening post on here wasn't quite so clear!

"Don't forget... Friday from 1.30pm New UK labelled Ladies Clothes on sale @ The Morning Star, Ovacik. There will also be a stall selling Bric a Brac, Coffee, & Cakes. Orders also being taken for Cornish Pasties (pre-order only) please message me. (All Proceeds from the Bric a Brac and food sales will be going towards helping the stray animals in the area) thanks Sally"

So simple to get it right, if you're intention is not to deceive!

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #55 on: December 08, 2011, 10:00:48 AM »
I dont think for a minute that SallyAnn was trying to deceive us. I think she has good intentions and if this is a short term thing then no harm done and the strays will benefit.

Offline ronzeus

« Reply #56 on: December 08, 2011, 17:56:02 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by mercury

I dont think for a minute that SallyAnn was trying to deceive us. I think she has good intentions and if this is a short term thing then no harm done and the strays will benefit.

Sorry Mercury that was deception by an opportunist.:-\

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #57 on: December 08, 2011, 18:09:09 PM »
I think the point is being missed. You can't, as a foreigner living in Turkey, have a commercial clothes sale - or even advertise one. Particularly when the clothes were not declared on arrival in Turkey (aka smuggled in). That is why they seek out charities to 'legitimise' it and attempt to turn the essence of it from a commercial event to a charitable event. They don't help charities - they are parasites and it is the charities that are helping them.

Offline Julesp

« Reply #58 on: December 08, 2011, 22:09:21 PM »
Scunner, Although we were grateful for the money raised from the raffle, which was a nice amount, we will not be giving our backing to these people again, as I said in my earlier posts, the charities here have to be very careful on how we operate and I would hate FiG to be duped into something illegal

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #59 on: December 08, 2011, 22:11:19 PM »
This is what I have been getting at all along Keith re the clothes sales. However maybe Sally Ann is being duped. We cant blame her for that as she is allegedly trying to help stray animals. Not that we know what they are about really as nobody on the forum knew they exsisted until this blew up but if they really are helping a few strays then as I said good luck to them. It would have been easier just to do what others do and have a fund raiser and give the money to the experts AA who know exactly where the money is needed.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 22:23:30 PM by mercury »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf