Author Topic: long term rental wanted.  (Read 11610 times)

Offline retiredandlovingit

Re: long term rental wanted.
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2014, 07:07:52 AM »
Oooops replied on wrong topic, still half asleep , this was a reply to your selling topic.

Offline AandP

• Uzumlu
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2014, 07:33:17 AM »
I  also read about your move here,  and am sorry  that you're  unhappy in your present location.  Would  you consider getting some transport?  We moved to Turkey last year,  and stayed in Calis  and Ovacik  before settling in Uzumlu.  We  love it here,  it's  friendly yet  tranquil,  with stunning scenery and  quite a few bars and restaurants.  Yes, a villa here can be cold in winter,  but a good  woodburning stove will heat a lot of the  house - and it's still warm outdoors.  Only 15  minutes  to Calis...... but you do really need your own transport.  Might be worth a look at the villas here to see what you think?

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2014, 07:54:33 AM »
If I were you I would look for a Villa in Calis.  There are some very quiet places only 5 minutes from the prom. I know, we have one next to farm land.   The benefits of Calis are:- it"s not as cold in the Winter as the mountain villages, which you don't want to experience again and there is a good ex-pat community which seems to have lots of things going on all the year around. There also seems to be a good rental market for villas.

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2014, 08:37:30 AM »
Which areas are the quiet ones Jacqui?  Next to farmland sounds good.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2014, 08:52:06 AM »
It's surprising just how quiet the Villas are away from the prom.  If you are a using Interturk Estates they will advise you if there are any for rent.  The Ciftlik side of Calis going to the left from the prom would be a good place to start. 

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2014, 09:03:21 AM »
I,m lucky to have the cream of estate agents Jacqui. Cenk at interturk, Ronnie at coast2coast and Ilhan at select. If they can't sort me out selling and renting no one can. Just have to decide, once we have sold,what we are doing. Thanks for advise.

Offline Lorraine

« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2014, 11:42:41 AM »
When moving to  'quiet' area, just bear in mind that you may encounter 'agricultural' noises, chickens, goats, geese, cows, donkeys, dogs etc. The noise that they create can be louder than you anticipate, and they don't stop at night time, nor go home when the holiday season has ended. I am very close to a village at the moment and I hear animals all night, chickens going off at all hours and a dog who howls every time the mosque calls to prayer, it doesn't bother me, I like the noses - all part of country living.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2014, 12:53:05 PM »
This may be the case in France, but in Calis the farm areas tend to be divided into smaller areas and a lot of the farmers just leave small fields for the animals to graze.   We have a field next to use where an old lady brings her sheep and goats twice per day.   So no noise.   In fact, we save scrapes for the animals and she gives us eggs, fruit, veg etc.,  She takes the animals back over to the farm in the evening.  At the front of us is a small holding that have a few goats and some vegetables so no noise there either. 
We have heard some farm machinery over the fields near us, but that is only occasionally.

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2014, 12:59:10 PM »
So sorry it's not working out. Do you have anyway you can move before selling as some of the places we regularly see online have been for sale since we moved here over 3 years ago.
Not being negative, but just hoping you know that unless places are an absolute bargain they can take ages to sell , don't want you to have any unrealistic expectations.
Doesn't matter how good the agent is, but a lot of people are hesitant to buy at the moment with the ever changing, uncertain political situation, and the weak tl etc.
We absolutely love where we live in Calis, the only downside is noise, luckily not from a complex, but Turkish people generally seem louder, whether it's shouting on their mobile phones outside your house at the crack of dawn, or late at night, playing music too loud, scooters with no exhausts bombing up and down the road etc.
I also know people who have chosen remote detached places only to find they're really bored and spend most days travelling up and down to Fethiye, and then struggle financially to afford the petrol etc.

Lots of things to consider, and you could go from the frying pan into the fire.

A few more weeks and the tourists will be gone and you'll have your peaceful bit of paradise back again.

I'm currently on holiday,  very remote in Northern Cypus, detached, private pool and have use of a car, but not even having a local shop to wander to is doing my head in and I'm craving hearing my neighbours hob nail boots up and down the stairs and his incessant iPad game bleeping away.
Think carefully about why you moved to Turkey and how you want each day to be. Silence soon becomes dreary and annoying too.
It's a wonderful place to live and you're still very much in the honey moon period of thinking it's going to be perfect.
It's not, but it's pretty close, the more I go away from Fethiye the more I miss it and am sure I've made the right move, give it time x

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2014, 13:28:33 PM »
You see my little ice box in the mountains was near on perfect. Lovely Turkish neighbours, the old farm/street dog jackieboy that has become mine and costs me a small fortune in vets bills and food,along with the chickens we save the scraps for and the goat lady who brings her herd up twice a day. My great view, and the peace,my turkish neighbours are quiet and because the other 7 apartment owners didnt rent out and only holidayed with family and friends a couple of times a year.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf