Author Topic: A hearing problem  (Read 727 times)

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
A hearing problem
« on: June 09, 2015, 10:31:07 AM »
Bert  feared his wife Peg wasn't hearing as well as  she used to and he thought she might need a  hearing aid.

Not quite sure how to  approach her, he called the family Doctor to discuss the problem.

The Doctor told him  there is a simple informal test the husband could perform to give the Doctor a better idea  about her hearing loss.

'Here's what  you do,' said the Doctor, 'stand about 40 feet  away from her, and in a normal conversational  speaking tone see if she hears you. If not,
go  to 30 feet, then 20 feet, and so on until you  get a response.' 

That evening, the wife is in the  kitchen cooking dinner, and he was in the front room. He says to  himself, 'I'm about 40 feet away, let's see what  happens.'Then in a  normal tone he asks, 'Honey, what's for dinner?'

No response.

So the  husband moves closer to the kitchen, about 30 feet from his wife and repeats, 'Peg, what's for  dinner?'

Still no response. 

Next he moves into the dining room  where he is about 20 feet from his Wife and  asks, 'Honey, what's for dinner?'

Again  he gets no response.

So, he walks up  to the kitchen door, about 10 feet away. 'Honey, what's for dinner?'

Again there is no  response.

So he walks right up behind  her. 'Peg, what's for dinner?' 

(I  just love this)

'For  fecks  sake, Bert, for the FIFTH time,  CHICKEN!'

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf