Author Topic: Health insurance  (Read 1623 times)

Offline mike77777777

Health insurance
« on: September 05, 2011, 19:24:47 PM »
I have tried to follow previous posts and only end up more confused. Maybe there is no simple answer. Can you help. My wife and I want to be covered for health care. From what I can deduce we can pay as you go, enroll in a Government scheme or take out private medical insurance. Can anyone explain what the present state of the market is with approximate costs.
Thanks
Mike

Offline kizkucuk

Health insurance
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 20:25:01 PM »
I think everyone is confused with the Government health schemes.  Private schemes seem to vary in cost and you need to be careful with what they cover especially some that the banks offer here - some have a clause that says they won't cover you for anything in the first 12 months and others will cover the cost of an operation but not the follow up out patients appointments to have stiches removed etc.........   I spoke to a few UK companies and they weren't really interested in covering someone who lived in Turkey permanently - there were a couple of expat schemes but they were realy expensive.  I've been here 2 years and have done pay as you go - it's been fine - common medicines that you need a prescription for in the Uk can be bought over the counter here - things that are expensive in comparison are things like vitamin supplements.  A course of antibiotics - 6 lira ish, eye drops for conjunctivitis 4 - 9 lira, appoint with gyneacologist - 30 days appointments 90 lira - blood test 65 tl.  If you have residency you will get a discount at the Devlet and at the Esnaf.   Devlet 15tl to see a Dr with residency and about 50tl at the Esnaf.  Hope that helps I'm sure other people can add more information.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf