Author Topic: Beaches  (Read 7902 times)

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Beaches
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2018, 17:11:58 PM »
Just a note that I think it might be the councils, Fethiye vs Muğla rather than the government, that information doesn't seem clear yet. It went to court and this is how the court decided. That said, from what else I have read the court case was in Ankara so maybe it was the government!

It's an odd one.  It'll all depend on who they actually entered into the lease with. 

You'd think it was the municipality who has responsibility but I think Olu beach is controlled by the Ministry of Culture and Tourism.  If the bar is on land owned by the ministry then as they're based in Ankara that's where they'd probably raise an action, more chance of success there as well.

Signs of things to come I reckon - ministry signs contract with two individuals, they make a go of the business, ministry thinks "we can do that" and goes to court to effectively renege on the deal.  The judiciary are all in the pocket of the AKP so pretty much foregone conclusion the ministry would win.

A pretty disgusting double cross by civil servants who couldn't run to the toilet never mind run a bar and restaurant.

Suspect it'll end up back on the market for offers to lease...

JF

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2018, 18:32:22 PM »
But for now, stripped, destroyed and empty right in the middle of the tourist season.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2018, 19:10:13 PM »
Turkonomics in action again.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2018, 19:13:29 PM »
Yep, and the worst thing about it is that the civil servants don't give a feck. In fact, the even worse worst thing is that they don't give a feck about the dozens of folks who lost their jobs.

JF

Offline Ally B

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2018, 08:47:51 AM »
The sunbeds look to be back again.  Strange or what.

Offline thinwhiteduke

• Newly Registered
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2018, 09:48:49 AM »
looking at the webcam. Looks the same as usual.

Offline scorcher

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2018, 10:10:52 AM »
Some kind of coloured envelope to the correct address maybe?

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2018, 10:19:21 AM »
Nothing surprises me in Turkey any more, especially where the current government (or its officials) are concerned.

More likely a "governmental partnership with a (shoebox) profit sharing scheme attached"  :)

JF

Offline Kevin Sowten

• Newly Registered
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2018, 14:12:00 PM »
All sunbeds back this morning and very busy.
The only things missing were three overcharging beach bars !!!

Offline Phil

« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2018, 16:45:49 PM »
I’ve learn’t in life that there were always two sides to every story, but the advent of Facebook means that nowadays there are always three ( and there’s four if you include rumour and gossip).

This case is typical.

What we DO know is that there was a court case and the operators of the beach lost the case.

We will never get the municipality side of the story

However, should we be asking Where the Operators in breach of the terms of their Lease ? Did they even have a lease  ? Had they paid all the rent instalments on time ? Where the bars allowed under the Terms of the Lease ?? Had they failed to carry our maintenance according to the terms of the Lease. ? Had they already been issued with warnings ?

Let's face it, the operators are not going to admit any failings.

There could be loads of perfectly valid reasons why they were booted off. But they are all boring and not very interesting.

Believing that there are dark forces at work is much more fun !

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf