Author Topic: Rod Night - It's Official  (Read 4923 times)

Offline Jack13

Re: Rod Night - It's Official
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2017, 16:23:10 PM »
going to lees tonight highlander. will say to stuart. nice thought.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2017, 10:18:34 AM »
So how did the "Rod" night go Im sure it was as good as always...Im not being disrespectful re the events in Manchester by asking, just as im sure many members on here could use hearing something nice right now, and it is sooo very nice of "Rod and his wife" to give up a night of their hols to do this for the children...puts into perspective really the two different events of Manchester and Calis one aimed at maiming and killing innocent children and their families and the other aimed at helping children and their families...

Offline sadler

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2017, 10:50:40 AM »
Well said Karen. Why should those disgusting perverted "loosers" have another victory by stopping an event aimed at making life slightly more comfortable for the children of the Calis area? Not disrespect at all, just a message to them that we will not be bullied.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2017, 13:51:01 PM »
Simple minds carried on with their concert in Manchester last night but Take That have postponed 3 of theirs until later in the year... I don't see that Rod should have cancelled last night being that it is in Calis not Manchester..    It takes quite a bit of organisation  and running around for one thing.. Also it is difficult to let everyone know at short notice.. Not everyone is on Facebook.. Liz for one... nor are they members of this forum..

Offline Jack13

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2017, 14:07:19 PM »
another excellent night with rod superb as usual and very well attended. 3 hours solid entertainment.

Offline trainer

• Last man standing
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2017, 14:32:34 PM »
I went last night and what a great night 3 hours solid over 40 songs classic Rod and some covers it's not just the charity that makes money but the surrounding bars as well so all benefit I have been coming to Calis for 12 years now and had some great nights and this is up with them thanks Liz Rod and all the team hope I am back for the next one  8)

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2017, 14:40:31 PM »
Sorry folks, bit of a late start this am & on the go 'til now.

As Jack13 indicated it was a brilliant night, as ever. 46 songs & 3 hours, where does the guy get that much energy ??? The raffle & bucket collection made a wonderful 1636 tl.

Many thanks from all at 3C's to Stewart, his wife Linda, who make sure he knows which song to sing next   ;) & to Lee

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2017, 15:58:37 PM »
Another fabulous total.

Very many thanks to "Rod" and Linda for giving of their time so freely and for putting on another wonderful show by all accounts.

Congratulations to all from the 3 C's for organising and thanks for all the hard work that goes into ensuring it's a successful night.

And last but by no means least many thanks to Lee and his team which I assume included the best barman in Calis.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf