Author Topic: I could kill for a plate of these!  (Read 3395 times)

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: I could kill for a plate of these!
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2018, 15:44:27 PM »
On the plus side - the Menu del Dia at our local (150 yds away) is €9.50 for 3 courses inc a drink and a coffee and it is good food, well presented and the place has a real buzz every afternoon.

We're the same; less than a minute away we've got a small plaza with two bars which offer the same deal, little bit cheaper but not by much.  Today has been one of the coolest for weeks, not much over 32c, so I'll be wandering round there in about 30mins for a couple of cold Estrellas and a big plate of chocos fritos     :)

I've taken some lamb mince out of the freezer so its kofte for us later.  Now where is that coughed on, spat on germ ridden kofte spice mix from Fethiye market...? (thats for you Nichola     :) ) Only joking though, always mix my own fresh, so to speak.

We are driving over to Spain again and have booked a week in Portugal in the middle of our 6 week trip - so we are staying a couple of nights in Osuna (supposedly where some of Game of Thrones was filmed) en route to Lagos so we will give you a wave as we pass you

It certainly was filmed there Ian, in the bull ring.  If you do a google video search you can see the CGI process they used to add the height to the arena.  I haven't been up there but my Spanish teacher has and she thought it was fantastic (the exhibition that is).  She is a bit nuts about GoT though.

https://www.gq.com/story/game-of-thrones-city-osuna-spain

JF

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf