Author Topic: tapu  (Read 2154 times)

Offline nigel brown

tapu
« on: June 11, 2012, 12:00:11 PM »
i am trying to help a friend her husband died in oct last year and he was on the tapu with her, we are wanting to take his name off the tapu and just hav herself on it for the time being is it possible and how much does it cost, she has his old passport and his death certificate here with her is this enough.  at a later date is it possible to add her daughter to it or even cange the tapu into her daughters name,or wud it b easier to do a will here in turkey leaving the property to her daughter we wud really appreciate sum help thanks nig

Offline Big Doug

• Not so big Doug
tapu
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 12:27:22 PM »
Could I ask a question first does your friend and her late husband have any children?

Offline Big Doug

• Not so big Doug
tapu
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 12:51:01 PM »
If they have the one daughter this is how I understand it will work

Your friend will already have 50% her late husbands 50% will be split between the both her and her daughter.
We got this advise from a solicitor you can do other things but there is a bit more work involved and this is basics of what would happen.

It's not a quick process and cost around £3,000 so we are told.
Also you should report the death in Turkey within 3 month or both you friend and her daughter will be fined, but don't worry it's not much.

Any other questions let me know

Offline nigel brown

Re: tapu
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 12:58:05 PM »
can she just put it in her name and do a will, the prob with kids she has 2 of her own from previous marriage they in their 40s and her husband had7 kids from previous all in there 40s. so we think if she cud just put in her name and maybe do a will

Offline Big Doug

• Not so big Doug
tapu
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2012, 13:24:55 PM »
As I understand it could be transferred into one name but it would involve the daughter of her late husband agreeing to the transfer, also her children from the other marriage would not be untitled to any of her late husbands share.

I would speak to a solicitor, but it cost the same sort of money as back in the UK.

Offline Dutchie

Re: tapu
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2012, 14:21:46 PM »
No, she can't just put it in her name.
As fas as I know the wife is entitled to 25 procent of his share and his children are entitled to the remaining 75 procent of his share.
Sounds like it might become complicated with 7 children.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf