Author Topic: Not good news  (Read 5443 times)

Offline DonM

• Newly Registered
Not good news
« on: April 22, 2014, 08:41:36 AM »
This the latest on the residency permits not good news for us i'm afraid.
http://www.yellali.com/advice/question/83/how-do-i-apply-for-a-residency-permit-in-turkey

It now appears you must have health insurance to cover the duration of the resedency permit when you renew.

We still have another two years to run on our current permit and at our age anything can happen before we renew.

DonM

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
Re: Not good news
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 09:47:27 AM »
Isn't this really the best thing that could happen, when one sits down & gives it the thought which the subject deserves ? Far better that this system is put into place now, than to have ever-ageing Ex-pats ,(from any nation), falling ill, or being injured, without the umbrella of insurance to rely upon. After all, anyone who is in their right mind, would never go on holiday to a foreign country without Holiday Insurance Cover, so why take up permanent residence abroad without adequate, or indeed, more than adequate protection ??

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 10:07:48 AM »
I agree Gordon. My son went to live in Thailand for five years and I made sure he bought health insurance even though things are pretty cheap over there. If he'd had a major accident or illness it could have been very expensive.

It was £360 a year for a fit 25 - 30 year old but worth every penny for the peace of mind.

Offline quackers

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 12:42:09 PM »
I have yet to see thıs mentıoned on any Government Turkısh/Uk web sıte yet. It says on Yellalı SOME polıce are askıng for addıtıonal ınformatıon. FYO Antalya ask for a copy of your passport notorısed no mentıon of medıcal ınsurance. You will need medıcal ınsurance for the long term resıdency when ıt comes ın. I thınk ıt ıs a good thıng but as they asked expats to opt ın or out lst year ıts confusıng. What happens now ıf you choose to go back ın, full medıcal etc? Also all the ınsurance companıes are comıng up wıth polıcıes whıch cover over 60s and are cheap and say they cover emergancies. I am sceptıcal they wıll pay out.

Offline mac2010

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2014, 08:36:27 AM »
My friends started their residence process yesterday in Fethiye and they required the following. 7 passport size photos each,translated passport copies,private medical insurance,copy of their tittle deed,proof of bank funds.The insurance is like holiday insurance and it cost  roughly 300tl each for a year.

Offline DonM

• Newly Registered
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2014, 09:37:47 AM »
Hi Mac are they just getting permits for one year?

DonM

Offline davybill

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2014, 14:49:17 PM »
Hi Mac
   Where they renewing their Residency,and where did they get their insurance from? Please

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2014, 17:10:50 PM »
If you wish to become resident here, just join the SGK. around 250tl a month, free healthcare in government hospitals and highly subsidised cover in private hospitals plus discounted prescriptions, eye tests etc.

Offline Hamlet

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2014, 17:31:59 PM »
The problem now Rimms is that both you and your partner must have a medical exam before the SGK will consider your application. Then if they accept you they will not cover pre existing conditions or anything related to those conditions. They will also not give out prescriptions for pre existing conditions.

Offline Hamlet

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2014, 17:33:54 PM »
My friends started their residence process yesterday in Fethiye and they required the following. 7 passport size photos each,translated passport copies,private medical insurance,copy of their tittle deed,proof of bank funds.The insurance is like holiday insurance and it cost  roughly 300tl each for a year.

Is this their first application or a renewal?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf