Author Topic: Anti/virus security software  (Read 11101 times)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Re: Anti/virus security software
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2014, 10:23:15 AM »
Ah thanks very much Keith really appreciate that, I shall have a look at Youtube in a sec  :)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2014, 11:23:04 AM »
Karen, get yourself a keyboard, to add to the ipad, then you can type and use it like you use a computer or a typewriter.   

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2014, 19:49:13 PM »
Yes I think I will do that Jacqui once I have practised some more on the pad, if anyone has one they want to sell please inbox me!!!  ;)

Offline nick11

• Newly Registered
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2014, 08:15:58 AM »
If you go into iBooks, which should be one of your icons, and search for Ipad user guide, you can download the guide to your Ipad. You want the guide for IOS 7 if you are given an option.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2014, 19:55:55 PM »
Phil bought me a new one for Christmas, it is lightweight metal and fits the ipad so it looks just like a regular computer. The keys are really positive and I am pleased with it.  There was a deal on Groupon for it.

Offline Fran

« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2014, 20:57:15 PM »
Instead of using safari for Facebook, download the Facebook app. It's much quicker to use than going thought safari.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2014, 20:17:02 PM »
How do you actually down load the apps please? I do admit I was originally buying a Kindle Fire and then thought s"d it go for the mini I-pad as I kind of thought it was just like a mini computer, I thought I would just switch it on and there would be the blue e for internet and that would be that!!!I am sure I will get there eventually, but thanks again for all the help and suggestions  :)

Offline Fran

« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2014, 20:29:56 PM »
You should have an App Store icon on your screen, go into that and search for Facebook then tap on install and it will automatically install onto your home screen. You may need to set up an account if you haven't already done so.

Offline lizdev

« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2014, 20:54:28 PM »
If you have an Apple store near you, sign up for a tutorial, I found them really helpful.  You can do this through www.apple.co.uk

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2014, 21:14:41 PM »
Also, just in case you didn't know (as you mentioned you were going to buy a Kindle Fire) - there is a Kindle App for iPad, just search for Kindle at the App Store and install it, then you can send Kindle books to it. Then you have an iPad and a Kindle all in one  :)

If you let us know what sort of programs interest you, we can recommend some worth getting. Certainly TVCatchup and/or Filmon, both apps turn your iPad into a wee telly :D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf