Author Topic: Over staying the 90 days in 180 days rule the facts  (Read 6932 times)

Offline NIGCOUSKAZ

Re: Over staying the 90 days in 180 days rule the facts
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2012, 13:43:09 PM »
I'm in the same situation - however I bought a visa late April 2012 (10 day stay) and returned (via Istanbul) July 2012 (12 day stay) on a 90 day/180 day visa.  I forgot about this and bought a new visa at Dalaman in Sept 2012 (22 day stay) again another 90/180 day - so not sure that DLM are policing that strictly, as the May 2012 visa should have taken me to 24th October 2012.

Under the 90/180 rule, the September visa should take me 1st March, 2013

I plan to travel out end December for 10 days, and then again in February for 2½ months - therein lies the dilema.

My plan was to purchase visa for December (or try and use the September visa) and then purchase a new visa in February.  I'm just confused as to who is using the 90 day rule or the 90/180 day rule.  The December trip is direct to DLM, the Feb trip is via Istanbul.

Looking at the Turkish consular website in the UK it is still referring to the old 90 day visa and no mention of the 90/180 day one.

HELP :-)

Offline micky mouse

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2012, 21:42:54 PM »
Beware i had the same thought and purchased another visa on my last stay and yes as soon as you go to customs bingo it comes straight up if you over stay by even a day.The computor will always let the customs man know you cant beat it.My fine 220lira no problems there but its alot of bother and time to sort it out unless you have the money in lira to pay up straight away.Other wise your marched back to the cash point from one office to another signing forms etc then all the way back through the airport custom checks etc again.They will only except lira for the fine and if you refuse to pay its a five year ban.Apparently over staying by more than one month then you may have a big problem anything up to 30 days the same fine even if its a day,so be warned i over stayed 15days if i remember.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2012, 11:50:16 AM »
We have adhered to all the new visa rules really strictly and worked out all dates before booking flights,we purchased our second new visa  in October, when we came home early this month and went through passport control hubby went through fine but the guy was flicking throu &throughmy passport and then called someone over, I started to feel a little uneasy (ok I admit I am one of life's worriers!)but they started talking to each other in Turkish and both looking through my passport the only word I could make out was "besh" which I knew was five I had started to think they are not going to let me through for some reason thenthe guy suddenly handed it back to me I said problem he said no problem and smiled at me (which is quite rare for a Dalaman airport worker!  :)) so I never did know what they were discussing and it was so frustating has made me more determined then ever to learn Turkish  :)

Offline NIGCOUSKAZ

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2012, 17:49:32 PM »
Didn't want to take my chances and to take the hassle out of worrying, so bought a six month visa from Turkish Consular in London.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2012, 18:01:55 PM »
they started talking to each other in Turkish

They're buggers for doing that aren't they?  ;)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2012, 21:53:43 PM »
ho ho ho   :)  ;)

Offline yakamoz

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2013, 13:10:07 PM »
can you advise how to go about getting six month visa and costs involved

Offline micky mouse

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2013, 17:01:34 PM »
Im not sure if you can purchase a 6month visa,but you can get a yearly one,not sure of the cost but someone on the site will let you know im sure as many people on here have gone through the motion of applying for one.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2013, 17:35:29 PM »
You can get a Residence Permit for as little as a month if you want to. After that, most people go for multiples of a year, but in fact you can purchase one for any number of months you wish up to 5 years.

Offline NIGCOUSKAZ

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2013, 12:47:58 PM »
Yakamoz - I applied online to the Turkish Consular in London.  You have to make an appointment, complete the application and take bank details, where you will be staying etc.  Went to the interview on Thursday and collected passport on the Monday.  It cost £70.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf