Author Topic: Need Residency to get DASK?  (Read 3856 times)

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
Need Residency to get DASK?
« on: April 08, 2013, 11:13:04 AM »
Just read a quote from a well respected Dalaman estate agent - English lady with a Turkish husband so no "lost in translation"   ;)  - that she has not been unable to obtain DASK insurance without a residency number for some of her Customers since the beginning of the month???

To balance it a Side agent then said he had no problem in his area - so watch this space. I remember when I was buying my scooter it was similar  - you need residency - but I got around it by a few days and then the rules were enforced.

You would have thought they could have tied all this together with something as important as Insurance last year with residency changes?

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
Re: Need Residency to get DASK?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 11:39:23 AM »
It must be a new regulation, I insured my property and purchased Dask insurance via Intasure without having residency. A few years ago they wanted my Tax number when renewing the policy.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 11:40:34 AM »
In fact with Intasure it is the opposite - they can't insure you if you are resident over there.

Offline Ian

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 11:48:04 AM »
I hope it is wrong  :-\

Offline Gary-O

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2013, 12:25:08 PM »
So if it's true that you will not be able to get Dask insurance without residency how is it all going to work with the new residency regulations in the long term?

Scenario, home owner doesn't live in Turkey has to get residency for Dask insurance, then goes out of the country for 125 days and the residency is cancelled!! this is going to be a potential mine field and i can see the ultimate one being if you don't have residency your Dask will be void, alternatively there are going to be lots of places that have no Dask insurance.  :-\

Offline Ian

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2013, 12:31:45 PM »
Gary - I wouldn't worry yet - as it is not confirmed - but it also makes you wonder about SGK?
We are happily taking out SGK next week but what will happen to your SGK if your residency is cancelled - ah the wonderful uncertainty of it all   ;)

Offline Gary-O

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2013, 12:40:07 PM »
 Ian, it was just a thought of what might happen. I am quite happy i rent and trust me it is far easier  :D

Offline Dutchie

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2013, 12:42:56 PM »
  - that she has not been unable to obtain DASK insurance without a residency number for some of her Customers since the beginning of the month???

Are you tricking us or is it a mistake ???

Offline Ian

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2013, 14:15:34 PM »
Hi Dutchie - this is the part of the quote (made today) and this lady has been a respected agent for many years but remember this is Dalaman / Ortacar.

We renew DASK for a number of clients each year, through a couple of agents here in Dalaman and, up until last month, no problem. I have tried to renew the DASK for 2 clients last week and they now want residency numbers.

Offline Ian

• Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2013, 15:10:47 PM »
Following on - the agent in question has now retracted and said this :

Following your post this morning I got back onto our agent.  He has finally come back with a response and renewed DASK for two clients!

He normally does the DASK through AVIVA and it is they who have been insisting on residency details.  He has now managed to renew through Anadolu with just the owners' tax numbers

Apologies for any panic ???

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf