Author Topic: World Music Festival 3-11th May - Fethiye Public Square  (Read 2157 times)

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
World Music Festival 3-11th May - Fethiye Public Square
« on: May 05, 2013, 09:03:42 AM »
Every evening this week - 3rd - 11th May there will be music and performances by musicians and performers from all over the world in the Fethiye Public Square. Here are a few photos from last nights performances; click on images to view enlarged size.

Offline philrose

Re: World Music Festival 3-11th May - Fethiye Public Square
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2013, 09:07:22 AM »
Anyone have any idea of the timings and dates of these events. The official programme seems tells you about who is appearing but not when...

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2013, 09:27:35 AM »
As far as I know Phil it is evenings for the performances - I am going to be in Fethiye tonight and will see if I can find out what time things kick off but we were very busy from about 6pm last night with people leaving about 8 ish to go over to the festivities so that may be an indication of timings.

There is also a photography exhibition and stalls all around the square with a massive tent selling I believe, books!

I don't know if there are things happening in the day but again I will try and find out.

Offline philrose

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2013, 09:32:11 AM »
Cheers!..

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2013, 11:34:27 AM »
Taken from Fethiye's for Life "Events" calender

http://www.turkeysforlife.com/p/fethiye-turkey-events-calendar.html

The full programme of the Fethiye International Culture and Arts Festival; if you click of the boxes representing the days and squint you may be able to work out what is going on. Tonight the music starts at 8.30pm/20.30hrs

http://www.fethiyefestival.com/2013-programi/

Offline Rosy

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2013, 07:00:10 AM »
thank you so much for the info Nichola, we had the most amazing evening's entertainment, could not have seen better if we had queued for tickets and spent a fortune. The Travellers from Arizona were especially magical. Would advise one and all to head down to Fethiye square and give themselves a treat. Others were excellent too. Well done Fethiye for arranging this spectacular event.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2013, 08:38:24 AM »
This guy from Arizona was absolutely brilliant; it almost made me understand why some people become groupies   ;) There is a video clip on the Calis Beach Forum Facebook group of this band.

According to Jane Akatay all performers are doing a slot on Tuesday night (last night allegedly) and I would highly recommend that people make their way down to the square to check it out.

Apparently Turkish performers are on tonight.

Offline barry44544

World Music Festival 3-11th May - Fethiye Public Square
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2013, 09:10:58 AM »
Steady on there Nici... He was very good though.
What a diverse collection of Music.
Loved the whole show, The 2 Spanish Guitar players at the end were very good as well.
Can't wait to see what's on the rest of the week.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2013, 09:37:45 AM »
Just two more nights of music Barry - I've had a look a the programme and tomorrow  (Tuesday) is the last night for the music concerts; starting at 8.30pm/20.30hrs.

I had a little chat with the fiddler guy and he is definitely playing again this week so must be tomorrow because he said he isn't playing tonight; although this is Turkey and anything is possible.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf