Author Topic: Calis Carnival Meeting June 7 2007  (Read 1685 times)

Offline Pi55y

Calis Carnival Meeting June 7 2007
« on: June 06, 2007, 22:24:22 PM »
Squiffy and I are very pleased to announce that we have been given permission by Fethiye Belediye to organise a Carnival and Fun Day in Calis on May 31, 2008. The Belediye have approved our business plan for the event and have pledged their support. The main event of the carnival will be a street parade on the afternoon of 31 May which will take the form of a procession along Calis seafront with participants in fancy dress depicting any aspects of the main carnival theme "Welcome to Summer".

There will also be marching bands and other forms of musical entertainment, folk dancing and street entertainers in the parade and around the parade route.

We hope to encourage the local restaurants, bars and hotels to participate in and to benefit from the event by staging their own entertainment and competitions in the week leading up to the main parade and following the parade itself. We would also like the bars, restaurants, hotels and shops to decorate their premises in preparation for the event day and to provide/sell examples of the varied Turkish cuisine, culture and crafts and for their staff to dress up on the event day itself in order to be fully involved and to add to the atmosphere.

Other bars, restaurants and businesses outside the area of the procession are being encouraged to participate by entering floats and/or setting up stalls to promote their businesses so that the whole area of Calis is included and benefits. To encourage participation it is intended to provide an award for the best decorated bar/restaurant/hotel/shop. Judging of this will take place in the week preceding the event.

On the day of the main street parade we are inviting local organisations to set up information stands to promote and educate the community on the activities of their organisation/group. These might include Fethiye Belediye recycling/green issues, Tourist Information, Caretta Turtles Protection, Fethiye Nature Conservation Society, FETAV, FIG, Fethiye Friends of Animals Association, Starfish, British Turkish Cultural Organisation, local sports clubs and so forth.

The evening of the Carnival day will culminate with a free Concert on Calis seafront showcasing the best of local talent.

There will be a meeting at the Oykun Hotel in Calis at 7.00pm tomorrow evening (Thursday) for anyone who would be interested in and committed to helping to make this event a success.

We hope to see you there   :) :)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2007, 22:46:40 PM »
Tomorrow at 7pm is too late notice for me to attend, but the best of luck with this project.

If I can help further along the line just let me know - hope others will be able to contribute too.

Scunner

Offline MagicalGarden

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2007, 17:47:57 PM »
Only just read this. Sounds a great idea and would be happy to help out. I'm sure my little man would love to dress up on the day.
Good luck with all the plans

Offline sominekebap

Offline sannyrut

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2007, 11:02:31 AM »
Sounds good to me.I will try and be there.
PS  jellybean,I thought that your man was about the same height as me[?]

Offline MagicalGarden

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2007, 18:33:42 PM »
Sannyrut. Well yes but he only does it on a Sunday, when no one is around normally. Then blames it all on Cem. :D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf