Author Topic: please dont use  (Read 4064 times)

Offline Keith

• Middleton, Manchester, UK
please dont use
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2007, 12:35:55 PM »
A couple of years ago my two year old grandson who had taken ill during the night, was taken along to the new state hospital where he was seen immediately by a doctor, he was taken to a room & put on a drip, we where also given a prescription for antibiotics that we bought from one of the local chemists, he was kept in all night until the pediatrician came in the morning. He was then examined by her & was allowed to leave the hospital. On returning to the UK he was taken to his own doctor who agreed he had been given the correct medicine & was told to complete the course. The total cost from what i can remember, was about twenty three pounds. What a bargain.  PS we did take along a Turkish friend who did all the talking; I don't know if this made any difference.

Offline frankie

please dont use
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2007, 15:33:19 PM »
Thanks everyone for there comments,i think the mistake we made was not going into the chemist first,they have always been very helpful in the past,we love Calis and this incident wont put us of the place or the Turkish people who are 99.9% all good people

Offline bee

• Droylsden, Manchester, UK
please dont use
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2007, 20:44:38 PM »
Knowledge is power, not for the clinic mentioned, and you,ve brought it all on yourselves, chemist next time for me and many many others. Bee

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
please dont use
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2007, 21:26:34 PM »
 :)I would normally use a chemist all of the time in Turkey, but in our case(without going into detail) it was not an option.

Offline Twin Bee

• The Artist Formerly Known As
please dont use
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2007, 15:58:03 PM »
We used this clinic under our holiday medical insurance and got the treatment needed and a bill of £60 for excess but no other hassle. All we had to do was sign the forms. I don't know what the insurance companies were charged but that is really a contractual matter between them, assuming everyone is being honest. The point is these medical centres are businesses too. They are out to care for people and to make a profit. Personally I am glad they are in Calis - it gives the 'customer' one more option for any minor concerns. I wouldn't use it if I broke my leg or had a heart attack but I would use it for minor injuries.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 20:56:49 PM by Twin Bee »

Offline terrie

please dont use
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2007, 17:14:56 PM »
i would agree with previous posts,about using chemists if possible..good english speakers opposite carrfour,just had tetenous (probably spelt wrong)7 lira.asked if i wanted flu jab yet!will get done soon

Offline janet.gur

• Bolton, UK
please dont use
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2007, 18:24:00 PM »
It is worth noting that the Turkish medical system is very differant to the UK.  They do not have a GP service, instead use the chemist as we would the GP.  Anything needing more in depth treatment or for more serious complaints then they go to hospital.  I would always recommend trying the local chemist first.

Offline tim-emel

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2007, 14:22:49 PM »
We found the state hospital near calis great when Emel fell ill with what turned out to be sunstroke...she was seen immediately by a doctor, put on a drip and after a couple of hours was given another examination, an injection and was told she could leave as and when she felt like it...In all we were there around 3 hours and the care she received was excellent....Total cost...35 ytl.....Best advice we can give is always go to the state hospital first and take someone who can speak Turkish if possible...

Emel has found chemist's will try it on as much as any other traders...it is common practice to just pop into a chemist here and tell them about or show them your ailment, Emel has suffered from "prickly heat" and "athletes foot", very simple ailments to put right but every chemist she has tried have all gone on to recommend expensive creams and pills....unlucky for them!!!! Emel was an interpreter/translator in the medical and legal sectors in the UK, so she picked up a lot of knowledge in both...to cut a long anecdote short....Emel left each chemist with what she needed after spending a fraction of what the chemist recommended and leaving the chemist in need of EAR treatment.......lol

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf