Author Topic: 2008 Season  (Read 6180 times)

Offline Jackie Knight

2008 Season
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2008, 16:09:53 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

Well Jacqui I think you answered your own question to a degree. How can you categorise people in this way? You can, because your friend went to Marmaris and decided he hated Turkey. I for one, and I know many others, play the game "Who's going to Marmaris" as we wait outside Dalaman Airport arrivals.

I'm no snob either, but we're generally right  ;)

We play that game too:D
We first went their about 18 years ago and loved it, we spent a day their about 18mths ago and couldn't believe it was the same place.

Offline bee

• Droylsden, Manchester, UK
2008 Season
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2008, 16:20:49 PM »
Jacqui, I am not catagorising people who go to marmaris, but "yes I am catagorising people on how they dress and "behave" at the airport,on the flight, and probably on holiday,I have an opinion and I have a right to it, and thats what I love about having my own villa,no more"oh no I hope there not staying at our hotel" dont tell me you hav'nt done the same.Bee

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
2008 Season
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2008, 16:29:37 PM »
Furthermore, Jacqui is right that people interested in Turkey may be pushed towards Marmaris by travel agents, but it's the one that return there year after year you have to wonder about :D

Let's hope those who fancy Turkey but hated Marmaris choose never to go to Marmaris again, rather than never go to Turkey again, but that's not what I hear.

Offline Tors__

2008 Season
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2008, 16:30:10 PM »
My friend is a flight attendant and hates flights to Dalaman because of the 'Marmaris lot'.

Sat there with their wistles round their necks saying I ♥ Marmaris, clapping when the pilot lands! I mean seriously he's doing his job, do they stand at the front door and clap the postman putting letters through the letterbox?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
2008 Season
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2008, 16:39:56 PM »
Oh come on, you are being harsh. My kids love it when everyone claps the pilot's landing, and are really disappointed when it doesn't happen :D

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
2008 Season
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2008, 16:42:41 PM »
Mind you, they also have the mentality of a seven year old, what with being seven years old.

Offline Jukebox

• Leeds, UK
  • Prolific Member
2008 Season
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2008, 16:45:27 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by bee

Jacqui, I am not catagorising people who go to marmaris, but "yes I am catagorising people on how they dress and "behave" at the airport,on the flight, and probably on holiday,I have an opinion and I have a right to it, and thats what I love about having my own villa,no more"oh no I hope there not staying at our hotel" dont tell me you hav'nt done the same.Bee

I wouldnt generally categorise people for how they dress (well sometimes I would ) but I can honestly say I've never seen so many 'muffin' tops on XL girls in one area at once! :D

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
2008 Season
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2008, 16:53:15 PM »
If you see someone walking out of the terminal in a Newcastle United football shirt, 5 o'clock shadow and tattoo's you can be sure they are going to Marmaris. Can't comment on the men though.

Offline Tors__

2008 Season
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2008, 16:55:25 PM »
What about chanting "we shall not be moved" when we had a delay whilst on the tarmac?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
2008 Season
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2008, 17:01:00 PM »
They don't know the words to that one. Mind you, it's a fairly inappropriate song for the circumstances.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf