Author Topic: A happy ending - eventually  (Read 4376 times)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
A happy ending - eventually
« on: March 02, 2011, 21:00:10 PM »
(If this should be another section please move)

Brenda and I, together with other members of the family took her mother, Doris, to Calis for her 80th birthday.

We were staying at Letoon and had told Doris that we would collect her for diner at 7:30 on the evening of her birthday.

Before that, unbeknown to her, and with the lots of help from the brilliant Letoon staff, we decorated the restaurant with balloons, banners etc.

With everything ready in the restaurant and Colin, our nephew, stationed with a large bouquet of flowers at the entrance to the restaurant, I was dispatched to collect Doris.

Those of you who know Letoon, will know that it comprises a series of chalets, and when I arrived at Doris' right next to the pool, I knocked firmly on her door.

Getting no response and knowing that Doris was a little deaf, I knocked harder and called out Doris' name. Still no response.

So, I peered in the chalet window, hammered on it and again shouted loudly "Doris - are you there". Yet again no response and I began to become very worried that something had happened to my mother-in-law. I then tried to open the door but found it locked.

Not wishing to worry Brenda or her sister, I secretly asked Nevra (who helped run Letoon at the time) to come back with me to the chalet with a spare key because I thought something dreadful had happened.

When we got there, I again peered in the window, knocked hard on the door  and called out "Doris - are you in there". Getting no response, I nodded to Nevra who gingerly unlocked the door and slowly pushed it open. We both looked into the bedroom but found no sign of Doris.

By this time my mind was racing and I began to fear the worse. Oh my God, I thought, she's fall in the shower, banged her head and:..

Not wishing Nevra to see anything unpleasant I asked her to stay back.

Then I walked quietly over to the bathroom door. Without really wanting to, I apprehensively pushed it slowly open. Again not really wanting to look, and with my heart pounding, I peered round the side of the bathroom door.

But yet again there was no sign of Doris. What could possibly have become of her.

Fearful, I asked Nevra to go back to the restaurant but to say nothing to Brenda and I decided to go back to our chalet and gather my thoughts before telling Brenda that her mother had gone missing.

As I opened the door to our chalet, I was met by a ferocious rebuke.

"Where in heavens name have you been, I've been waiting here all on my own for ages and why did you leave your chalet door open you idiot."

Yes, you've guessed - it was Doris, sitting on my bed, claiming that she had been told to meet us at our chalet not hers.

AGGGHHHHHHHHH::I won't tell you what I thought of my dear mother-in-law at that moment (only at that moment of course)

Still, all was well that ended well and we had a fabulous night in Letoon with many of our local friends appearing at some point during the evening.

As I've said on here before Doris, by the way was treated like royalty from the moment she arrived until the moment she left by the lovely Turkish people.

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 21:04:50 PM »
Alls well that ends well, John, as you say.
Gordy.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 21:05:34 PM by GordonA »

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 22:04:53 PM »
One of the very best nights we have had in Calis Gordon. Letoon did us proud. :)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 22:30:41 PM »
The ending to the story that I decided upon within reading the first few lines was that it turned out that you went into entirely the wrong chalet and burst in on a fit bird having a relaxing shower. I'm so sorry your holidays aren't as good as my imagination John :D

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 23:14:01 PM »
LOL Not half as sorry as I am :) :) :)

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2011, 23:51:06 PM »
That reminds me of one of the tines we stayed in the Mutlu before it was knocked down and rebuilt, we were on the ground floor and Kenny left the pool side quite quick to go to the toilet, as he was sitting on it squeezing his head, he noticed figs and grapes in the bathroom sink,when he came back he asked when I had bought them, I informed him that I had'nt, yes, he had jumped over the wall into the wrong room,probably stunk them out, and then asked the man to confirm his room, when he did, Kenny said well dont go in for a while, and when you do it needs tidying up, theres clothes everywhere, bare faced cheek in more ways than one,!!!!!!!

Offline buddy

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2011, 10:22:27 AM »
Hahahahaha That's sooo funny Laffa, but a little bit too much information, why would he be squeezing his head.

Offline SteveJ

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2011, 11:58:31 AM »
David,

That's wierd - not only are we neighbours in Calis but we have each made 303 posts on CBF (not including this one). Are you stalking me? :D

SteveJ

Offline scot

• Ayr, Scotland, UK
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2011, 12:05:27 PM »
Keep your eyes open SteveJ.

Bruce

Offline margob

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2011, 15:31:07 PM »
I had a toilet story I was viewing Symbola three years ago after leaving a needed the toilet NOW.I had missed the dormus so nipped into Green Valley appartments desperate I saw an open door never having been to restrant there I ran in .Beautiful ladies room I used toilet handwash lovley towels brushed my hair applied suntan cream and left.Only to find my son waiting to tell me I was in someones home .We ran all the way to next bus stop.Sorry.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf