Author Topic: 6 Months move  (Read 1926 times)

Offline Kirsty26

6 Months move
« on: December 30, 2012, 12:50:32 PM »
Hi All

I hope you've had a great christmas and may I take this opportunity to wish you a Happy New Year.

I was wondering if I could get some advice please:

I am hoping to come out to Calis for the season in 2013, I'm not planning on working it looks like I'm going to be made redundant so I am hoping that I will get enough to cover me for 6 months in Turkey (basic living)

Its always been a dream of mine to spend longer than 3 weeks there and something happened in 2011 that drummed home how short life is, so I kind of figure that if fate takes my job away then nows the time to make my dream happen.

Anyway sorry I babble. So what I wondering is what visa is it I need? How it is I apply for it and also if anyone thinks that my best bet is looking for an apartment, room for rent or trying to stay in a hotel whilst there?

I am so sorry for all the questions.

Best wishes x

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
Re: 6 Months move
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2012, 13:06:59 PM »
Kirsty, you would get the usual tourist visa on arrival & then apply for a 6 month residency visa, but to do that you'd need an address & proof that you can support yourself financially.

Maybe for 6 months, you'd be better to look for an apartment or room in a shared house. Have a look online at Land of Lights, or try Interturk Estates.

Good luck

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2012, 13:15:58 PM »
That's pretty much the way to do it - although "room in a shared house" does remind me of The Young Ones :D

A far more cuddly option (although not far from the suggestion) would be to look for someone who lives there who wouldn't mind renting a room for 6 months to make a little income. That could benefit all parties. You could ask on here if anyone would consider such an arrangement.

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2012, 19:55:06 PM »
Kirsty there is bound to a small amount of hassle obtaining the visa etc. when you get here, happens to everyone in some way or other, but stick with it, because believe me it is worth the petty hassle, and I am sure you'll enjoy your six months enormously.  Use the advice in the forum on visas so you get any idea of what to do, plus the other volumes of good advice available on the forum, and if you are not sure then ask, people on the forum are very very helpful when it comes to coming to Turkey, and what to do when you are here.  Good luck with everything.

Offline Kirsty26

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2012, 20:43:54 PM »
Thank you for the replies they are very much appreciated.

I'm really hoping it all works out although I would be lying if I didn't admit to it being daunting. It will be my first time away from home except for week long holidays.
But I've visited Calis 6 times in 3 years and I couldn't imagine going anywhere else for this experience.

Xx

Offline turkeysue

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2012, 20:57:31 PM »
good luck kirsty...please keep us up to speed on how you get on.....just go for your dreams hun.. ;D ;D

Offline Harmless

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2012, 08:49:47 AM »
You will get lots of support from the people on this forum and the residency permit is a lot easier than it used to be to obtain.  Go for it if you possibly can.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf