Author Topic: 'Scuse me, I thought this was Calis Seafront  (Read 13324 times)

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
Re: 'Scuse me, I thought this was Calis Seafront
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2013, 19:48:45 PM »
If you force all the cyclists etc onto the roads, there are likely to be fatalities ( especially in Turkey); balance this against the 'possibility' of an accident on the prom and I know where I would have wanted my children to cycle.

My concern is the child who gets mown down by the scooter/segway/moped.  The sea front is a pedestrian precinct and children should be safe from being run over.  Children are past masters of changing direction without warning or looking, add a Segway or an electric tricycle scooter (high position, less control, possibility of alcohol involvement), someone's going to get hurt.  :( :( :(

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
'Scuse me, I thought this was Calis Seafront
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2013, 19:56:18 PM »
It's barmy. The local authorities are useless. They don't know a good thing when they see one. Over the years they have missed so many opportunities.
Laying a new prom - at the start of the season when punters have to clamber over rubble to get to their hotels
Laying a new water pipe system- at the start of the season
Demolishing  beach front  bars - at the start of the season as they didn't have 'planning permission'
Delivering sunbeds - after the start of the season so that punters are greeted with an empty (mucky) beach
Changing the bus route - at a moments notice so punters don't have a clue!
Crappy uncomfortable expensive sun beds- take a leaf out of Spain's tourism book, at least provide a nice mattress!
You'd think after all these years of tourists visiting the area they'd have introduced some pragmatism!

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2013, 20:02:44 PM »
Worst boo boo, demolishing the bar built for the Skyfall Movie.  Imagine what a tourist attraction that would have been.  I remember being in Malta when they were proud of the Popeye Movie Film Set... It was a tourist attraction years after the film was made.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2013, 20:05:26 PM »

There was a guy, perhaps about five years ago, who a trike thing and worked the prom.

Same guy I think H

Jacqui Harvey: "Rickshaw"

Highlander: "Trike thing"

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2013, 21:45:50 PM »
Me- mobility scooter! Where calis leads Benidorm follows!

Offline tuzlachap

• AWAY TOO MUCH!!!!!
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2013, 22:23:36 PM »
More like Margate meets Marmaris. :o :o

Offline Menthol

« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2013, 00:10:08 AM »
Some may look down their nose at them, but I have thought for years that Fethiye Bay is made for a little resort road train system like this:

#

There could be two or three of them running the entire length of the bay from Telmessos/Koca Calis Beach all the way to Letoonia and back, all day every day. With the improving promenade and access it would get better and better. One lira to hop on anywhere and hop off anywhere - it would be a fantastic way to lazily get to your destination, and would make a fortune.

The problem is, the taxis, dolmus drivers and boat koop will never let it happen.

Were you actually being serious, Scunner? If so, thank goodness for the naysaying taxi, dolmus and boat drivers.  ???

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2013, 00:23:58 AM »
Absolutely serious Mentho, a massive, flat prommed bay with a view to die for and a continuous supply of to die for views. I take it that such a train is not for you, as it is not really for me. But the future of this family friendly resort isn't about you, or me  :)

Offline Hamlet

« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2013, 07:16:55 AM »
Got to agree with Scunner on this one, I have seen several 'road trains' like this in various countries and they are well used by tourists to the financial benefit of local traders. As Scunner said, it's not about you and me, it's more about generating more income to the area which in turn brings more improvements.  8)

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2013, 07:25:42 AM »
Absolutely serious Mentho, a massive, flat prommed bay with a view to die for and a continuous supply of to die for views. I take it that such a train is not for you, as it is not really for me. But the future of this family friendly resort isn't about you, or me    :)
It's not about us either but I agree about the family friendly tourist train, which by the way we have nicknamed ' the chuckle bus' ! We have used them in a great many resorts to get a good view of the place. They're an excellent idea!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf