Author Topic: 3C's 2014 Charity Calendar ready next week - order yours now!!  (Read 3489 times)

Offline Pi55y

3C's 2014 Charity Calendar ready next week - order yours now!!
« on: September 05, 2013, 15:14:20 PM »
The  3C's 2014 charity calendar has just gone to press and the first batch should be ready at the end of next week.  They will again be selling at the fantastic price of 5TL each (less than 2 pounds at the present exchange rate) -  so order yours now! Please PM me or orders can be taken at our charity shop. 

This is the 6th year running that the 3C's have published a charity calendar and this years is a real cracker with some really super photographs of the local area, many taken by some well known forum members.

In fact we had such a great selection to choose from that in the end it was down to which were the best quality and right size to be professionally reproduced in the space available.  Our apologies in advance to anyone whose photos were not selected  but we hope that will not deter you from buying a calendar or 3!

Photographs published in the calendar were  kindly contributed by: Hülya Yamanoğlu,  Sian Midgley, Jacqui Harvey, Karen Williamson,  Barbara McCauley, John Stephen, Keith Campbell,  Glenys Harrison, Connie Lovell, Linda Hill, Graham Whittaker, Peter Clark, Mary Howarth, Dennis Vint and the 3C’s photo library.

As the entire printing  costs of the calendar has kindly been sponsored by Fethiye company Odunatesi.com (PUS) who import and fit British wood burning stove, every single kurus from the sale of the calendars will go towards funding projects for disadvantaged children in the local area.

Again, we will be able to arrange for calendars to be sent out in the UK and delivery prices will be published once they have been calculated.  They will provide a memorable souvenier of your holiday in the Calis/Fethiye area and will again make a great alternative to a Christmas card, and you will have the satisfaction of knowing that you are helping the children at the same time.

Offline Pi55y

Re: 3C's 2014 Charity Calendar ready next week - order yours now!!
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2013, 21:00:34 PM »
Orders are coming in fast and furious - thanks folks   :)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2013, 21:08:01 PM »
I think they are far too cheap. Seriously.

Offline echogirl1

• Newly Registered
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2013, 21:10:52 PM »
don't worry Scunner, anyone worth their salt will round up the money to include a decent donation!!  (I would hope) Sheila x

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2013, 21:13:30 PM »
Agreed  :o

How about we agree to call it a minimum of 5TL ?

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2013, 21:16:00 PM »
O.M.G I am so chuffed one of my piccies has made it on to the calendar I had so many problems trying to send them so it just goes to prove perservance does pay off... Thank you so much Chrissie but I am elated tonight (does not take much to please me) can I order/reserve three please  and I will collect and pay in October thank you   :)  :)  :)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2013, 21:18:36 PM »
Am happy to bring any back to the Uk for posting if any members want to order but can not collect from Turkey...

Offline Pi55y

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2013, 21:30:20 PM »
Thanks everyone - as we are not paying for the printing, thats why the price is so cheap.  We would not want to overprice them as then we would not sell as many and our very kind sponsor would not get the coverage and publicity that he needs (but he is a very generous man for our charity).  We have ordered 1000 calendars from the printers and if we should sell them all,  we will raise 5,000 TL for the children which will be the equivelent to the extra 5 university bursaries that we have committed to fund.  Of course if anyone wishes to make an extra donation, this will always be welcome but is not a requirement.  Our treasurer,  Liz101 , is working out the cost of delivery in UK as we speak and this will be published tomorrow.  Thanks to those who are offering to be "calendar mules"  and take them back to UK for postage for us, we are very grateful of your offers of help.

Offline Menthol

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2013, 04:13:32 AM »
I should be able to buy a few of these cos I'm in Calis as from Sunday  :D

I haven't sent Christmas cards for nearly 20 years now ( instead I always donate money to a local charity in Sheffield that provides Christmas dinner for the homeless and those that cannot afford it) and I think 3Cs would be another brilliant cause.

So that's one for home, one for the office, one for my Mum, one for my Dad one for .......  :o

Offline Menthol

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2013, 04:20:22 AM »
Err, just clarifying a point.

These calendars are definitely showing scenic landscapes of the local area aren't they?

They aren't the type of calendars that show nude forum members with artfully placed Turkish souvenirs and bottles of Efes are they?

Not sure I could handle looking at 'Mr January with his sucuk' whilst totting up the bar takings .....

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf