Author Topic: "Proper" Dolmus stops  (Read 8887 times)

Offline jackstee

Re: "Proper" Dolmus stops
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2016, 09:49:32 AM »
No Change at the moment. Just like before.

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2016, 10:22:11 AM »
Thanks Jackstee - there were differing opinions elsewhere - some saying they were only stopping at bus-stops and others saying 'same as usual - stop anywhere'

Offline Rana

• Newly Registered
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2016, 10:26:54 AM »
I got a Dolmuş 2 weeks ago Bluwise. It beeped and stopped for me and i wasn't at a bus stop. Also the driver done the same on our way to Fethiye town centre. No bus stop, stopped for a family.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2016, 11:34:14 AM »
Iv read that in Tasyaka that the new rules are being adhered to, a lady posted on facebook this week that two had gone sailing past her they werent full or anything but she had not heard about the new designated stops...

Offline davybill

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2016, 12:03:02 PM »
I have noticed the service is very quiet after 9pm in Fethiye, we used to get on a bus straight away even if we had to sit
for a few minutes before it left, but now have to sit on the seats at the station and wait till one arrives for Gunlukbasi buses.
I think they have cut the service down a bit, but seem to stop at the DS in Town, but stop anywhere out of Town.

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2016, 13:43:39 PM »

That's what we love about being on Basis Namco

Where? 8)

Bliddy phone  :)
..... not a drop had passed my lips  (cough cough)

Offline lissa

« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2016, 15:18:04 PM »
I have travelled on the Sahilden dolmus from Fethiye to Calis and back in the last 3 weeks, some buses do stop anywhere but others do not. Even on the 22 metre road, close to the turning for Esnaf hospital, one dolmus just sailed past people who were not waiting at a designated stop.I think it is just up to each individual dolmus driver. Mind you, it makes the journey a lot quicker as they are not ambling along looking for passengers. There does seem to be regular designated stops but sorry, I do not know the ones for Baris Manco as only take the Sahikden bus. There is now a service that goes from Catalarik to Tasyaka, also using the route past the Devlet hospital and court house, so be careful you get the correct dolmus as it does not go right into Fethiye!

Offline Neil T

• Newly Registered
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2016, 12:20:32 PM »
The 'rules' changed on the 1 st August and there are posters in the Dolmus stating only official bus stops can be used. However on the way to Fethiye we jumped on at a random stop on BMV without a problem. Coming back from Fethiye, there was an Inspector on the Dolmus and it was official stops only! We wanted off at dolphin roundabout which is not an official stop, but the Inspector had fallen asleep and the driver opened the doors at the traffic lights and let us off.  :)

Offline pompeylee

• Newly Registered
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2016, 14:37:41 PM »
The 'rules' changed on the 1 st August and there are posters in the Dolmus stating only official bus stops can be used. However on the way to Fethiye we jumped on at a random stop on BMV without a problem. Coming back from Fethiye, there was an Inspector on the Dolmus and it was official stops only! We wanted off at dolphin roundabout which is not an official stop, but the Inspector had fallen asleep and the driver opened the doors at the traffic lights and let us off.   :)
fallen asleep? Sounds like an episode of on the buses,  blakey!!!!!

Offline Menthol

« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2016, 20:09:33 PM »
There are now two types of dolmus.

The older style co-operative dolmus seem to operate exactly as before, picking up and dropping off anywhere.

The newer style - and less comfortable but cheaper fare, I have been told - are Belediye (council) dolmus and they adhere to the bus stop rule for picking up and dropping off.

Whether they run the same routes in competition to each other, I do not know, as I never use them being a car driver.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf