Author Topic: Travel Insurance  (Read 9160 times)

Offline Big Doug

• Not so big Doug
Re: Travel Insurance
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2018, 15:52:29 PM »
We use a company called Columbus and take out annual holiday insurance each year, to date I’ve used them for 4 years and each renewal time they have been competitive, both my wife and I have more than one declared condition.
We inform them of any medical condition however major or minor, they then go through a yes/no questionnaire for each condition and so far so good.
We have been fortunate that we have not needed to claim, so you could say we don’t know how good they are……

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2018, 16:07:42 PM »
My problem is I have 16 declared conditions. This makes it sound like I am held together by chewing gum and string. Well, that is partly true but it seems impossible to wipe any past ailment off your list. Here's an excerpt from an interrogation: "You have a heart murmur." "No I don't." "It says here that you have a heart murmur". "I did have once but I had heart valve replacement surgery - find it on your list - which means I don't have heart murmur now". "Yes but if you have had it it has to be on your list. So ... you declare heart murmur?"  "Yes alright, I declare it". Going through 16 of these takes a little while. I have decided to risk not declaring that I used to have teething problems some time ago. My mum said I cried a lot.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2018, 17:07:23 PM »
After being with the same company the last few years and declaring conditions at not too much cost, i was shocked when our renewal came up and it had doubled more or less...I was a bit panicked as hadnt expected it and we were travelling in a few days time, so i took out a single trip policy for that trip and then looked at loads and loads for an annual policy...we finally settled with Asda I opted for their top of the range one as I also wanted a policy that covers for 90 day single trip...I cant remember how much I paid but remember being very pleasantly suprised, the cost also included two declared medical conditions...

Offline daveG

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2018, 17:25:40 PM »
Highlander may I ask which insurer you used? for our part my wife also had one prior condition (rheumatoid arthritis) and then unfortunately the big c arrived and although fortunately caught early doors and guick surgery so now in remission. L/Pool Vic will not cover either but will continue to accept our £300+ policy. The good part is that unless something else drops off!! then we will continue (because of the ninety days cover )which previously gave us peace of mind.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2018, 17:33:09 PM »
My problem is I have 16 declared conditions.

What about being Welsh, should you not have to declare that also?

;)

JF

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2018, 18:24:18 PM »
Highlander may I ask which insurer you used?

Stay sure

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2018, 20:39:26 PM »
I have just looked it up I paid £136 two people one year cover, two conditions declared and a single trip up to 90 days per trip...

Offline marina

« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2018, 21:03:29 PM »
That's a good price Karennina for an annual policy especially giving 90 days cover.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2018, 12:43:09 PM »
I agree with Scunner on this. You have to declare at the point of sale otherwise they have the right to cancel the policy. Did they refund you?

I’ve added two new medical conditions prior to coming out here. Both minor but I thought it best to cover all bases. Both times they just added it and didn’t charge extra.

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2018, 15:35:06 PM »
I have returned from Lake Garda without any major medical disasters - just loads of blood all over the place, but that is normal. So I haven't tested how good EuroTunnel's claims behaviour is. I have finished my course of antibiotics, been checked as free from chest infection, and - after an hour on the phone to Staysure - have had my annual insurance reinstated. I am concerned that any little thing for which I might visit the GP might have me suspended again. So I am wondering about switching to EuroTunnel if this happens. I'd like to know more about their track record though.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf