Author Topic: Help loads of cockroaches!  (Read 5477 times)

Offline Steve A

Re: Help loads of cockroaches!
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2018, 18:00:07 PM »
First time I ever saw a cockroach in Turkey in 14yrs was last week in the street.Had villa for 12 yrs and never had one,all we ever got were ants.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2018, 19:38:35 PM »
Are you complaining or bragging ?  ;)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2018, 19:40:51 PM »
Hi all I have arrived tonight after only being gone just over a month and was astounded to see at my last count 14 dead cockroaches in the bedrooms and lounge, i could cope with that but as i walked past the bathroom I saw a rather large one alive! I sprayed the floor and have shut the door for the night, tomorrow I am going to have to investigate, any ideas please as to where they have all come from? We do have a quite large gap under our front door but surely they have not all walked up the steps and come in for what? Many thanks as always for any suggestions    :) i have never encountered this amount in all my time of owning here!

Don't forget to register your new guests with the Polis.  ;)

Offline badger

• One of Scunner's best mates
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2018, 20:18:04 PM »
We had cockroaches 1 year used powder sachets removed
Kitchen plinths and placed powder underneath and along the bottom
Of outer doors, did this on every visit and never had anymore.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2018, 06:58:59 AM »
Thank you Badger can i get the sachets here or uk? If uk only il get hubby to bring some with him next week...i always knew the word hamambajee ( not correct spelling) would come in handy one day...
Ha ha KKOB that has made me chuckle re registering the little blighters with the polis!   ;)

Offline badger

• One of Scunner's best mates
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2018, 08:47:00 AM »
Karennina-We bought the sachets in the U.K.  8)

Offline Marg

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2018, 20:33:57 PM »
We had cockroaches in Spain. Used the powder under the sink and were told to put plugs in all the sinks and cover the shower waste when we left as this was where they came in. Fingers crossed we have not had a problem since.

Offline Yaz

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2018, 09:10:40 AM »
“So, the magic powder is Borasic Acid also known as Borax or Boric Acid or its chemical name H3BO3. Get it in powdered form, not crystal, and sprinkle it everywhere. I know that it sounds like a dangerous chemical, but it has the toxicity of salt to humans and pets. As long as it does not get wet, it keeps working for years. Dust it behind, inside and under cupboards. Dust it in the loft and in wall cavities – anywhere that roaches might go. Health officials in USA are recommending that it is strewn around liberally in attics and voids as houses are being built so as to provide long term resistance.”
This is a quote from a Fethiye Times article, search the full one on their site. We bought the borax up in Fethiye at a Chemist. Think they use it on the boats for the same reason. It seems to work. Hope this helps.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2018, 06:03:03 AM »
Thank you again everyone for taking the time to reply...I shall follow everyone’s advice on here   ;) cant ever have that happen again, it completely freaked me out even though there were only 2 that were alive! Im pretty sure there were two different types there as well unless it was the “anni and baba”...so far iv not seen anymore!

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2018, 17:53:10 PM »
Charley at The Nil Bar bought some exterminator stuff to my friend's apartment.. He sprayed them and they never came back. It happens mostly when the cess pit is full. His father was an exterminator and he still had all the gear. 

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf