Author Topic: Directions please  (Read 2256 times)

Offline sadler

Directions please
« on: June 21, 2018, 07:52:42 AM »
Can some kind person give me directions for driving from Bodrum to Calis please? Also precise directions for leaving the main road into Fethiye to get to the Delta Hotel. I remember that Calis Main Street used to be closed to traffic at certain times and amnot sure how to get sea side of the canal. We have never bothered with a car previously so haven’t taken much notice of roads etc. We will be travelling on Election Day so am also wondering if there Are likely to be any detours.many thanks.  :)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Re: Directions please
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2018, 08:04:59 AM »
Use Google Maps. It'll give you turn-by-turn directions.

Offline philrose

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2018, 08:52:05 AM »
It's fairly strait forward from Bodrum follow the signs to Milas and then Marmaris. Before you get to Marmaris there is a large junction , take the D400 to Ortaca and then on to Dalaman still following the D400 follow the signs to Fethiye. Just before Fethiye, Calis Palaji is signposted on the right you can take this straight into the Dolphin(less) roundabout...

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2018, 09:00:12 AM »
The large junction that splits the road into Fethiye and Marmaris directions (you need straight on) has traffic lights and is at the bottom of the road down from Sakar Tepe mountain. This begins with a series of dramatic zig-zags where you'll want to stop to take in the view over Gokova (heaven's plain) and when these zig-zags finish you are approaching the junction. It is a very pleasant drive.

Offline sadler

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2018, 09:31:42 AM »
It's fairly strait forward from Bodrum follow the signs to Milas and then Marmaris. Before you get to Marmaris there is a large junction , take the D400 to Ortaca and then on to Dalaman still following the D400 follow the signs to Fethiye. Just before Fethiye, Calis Palaji is signposted on the right you can take this straight into the Dolphin(less) roundabout...

Thankyou everyone for the directions. I know exactly where the Dolphin(less) roundabout is but....how do we get over the canal if the road is closed?

Offline philrose

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2018, 11:09:16 AM »
Just before you get to the roundabout there is a right turn which takes you over the canal and right up to the rear entrance of the Delta..

Offline sadler

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2018, 12:05:44 PM »
Thankyou Philrose. I have got it now.  The brain cells have kicked in. A very rare occurrence these days!    :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf