Author Topic: Just back from Calis- a summary  (Read 2284 times)

Offline Taddy

• Newly Registered
Just back from Calis- a summary
« on: July 02, 2018, 10:01:59 AM »
Hi,

Just thought I would give some feedback. Had a fab holiday.

First, the negatives.
Dogs - a good few hanging about, and some cheeky ones creeping into restaurants. One family feeding one on next table in Manchero.  Saw a pack fighting on the beach one morning. I am used to this to be fair, but new visitors could be put off.
The Wooden bridges.  Trip hazard! Be careful.  Need rebuilding.
Communal bins- could do with proper screening off.

Positives.
Vast majority of restaurant staff very happy with the upturn in visitors compared to previous seasons. Prom busy every night( apart from election night for some strange reason  ;))
The value for money was the best I can remember, with a high quality steak meal under a tenner, and a beer around £2.
The walk from Fethiye back to Calis was lovely as ever, and the dedicated cycle path looks to have reduced bikes on the prom at night. The new park area is looking very good, and should improve the area when opened.
Lovely to see happy smiling faces from hotel staff, to shops, to bars and restaurants. Overall service you get, is as high as ever.
Public transport- about 50p on the Dolmus  from Calis to Fethiye!.  As frequent as ever. The water taxi just a few pounds for a what is a boat trip.

Will post another review about restaurants and other resorts later. Thanks

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Just back from Calis- a summary
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2018, 11:35:50 AM »
Thanks for the review
I think we can all relate to the too many dog's bit but f9e the most part they don't bother me much
Is the new park opened yet? They were still working in it during our visit but from what we could see it looked fabulous

Offline Taddy

• Newly Registered
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2018, 12:05:27 PM »
looked well on the way to completion as far as I could tell. Could not gain access for a better peak though.

Offline yabanci

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2018, 12:14:42 PM »

Is the new park opened yet? They were still working in it during our visit but from what we could see it looked fabulous

The start of August  I believe.

Offline Steve A

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2018, 13:02:29 PM »
Totally agree about dogs,saw them running in packs a few times and I absolutely hate it when they are in restaurants where people are eating.Feeding the damn things is even worse

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf