Author Topic: Tommy Cooper  (Read 5011 times)

Offline CleopatrasAsp

• Irish by birth, Geordie by marriage!
Re: Tommy Cooper
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2014, 00:19:15 AM »
Tommy Cooper bored the bejesus out of me and I could never understand the appeal of Benny Hill.  I'm surprised no one has mentioned the late great Kenneth Horne and his ensemble cast who had me in stitches when listening to Sunday afternoon radio.  Much Binding In the Marsh, Round the Horne.....years ahead of it's time and still hilarious today.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2014, 23:07:04 PM »
Each to their own - but if you never laughed at Cooper or Hill then you lost your sense of humour round the horn somewhere ;-)

Offline thebillet

« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2014, 06:42:47 AM »
Treat yourselves while he is still with us, go and see Ken Dodd, no effing and geffing, home well after midnight and marvel at how funny the guy is. Ignore his stuff on telly. Monty Python crew although more a show than an act. Of modern day comedians two stand out, Stuart Lee incredible insight and his mocking of Michael Macintyre is genius, the other stand out is Peter Kaye, the shrewdest comedian ever; do a show, tour it, release a DVD in several formats, then on to TV, then a DVD about the tour. Rinse and update; change teletext for internet and garlic bread for cheesecake, then repeat whole process. Still funny mind.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf