Author Topic: If We Could All Vote - Would the Scotland Vote Be As Close?  (Read 7822 times)

Offline Jack13

Re: If We Could All Vote - Would the Scotland Vote Be As Close?
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2014, 15:18:33 PM »
all good points rimms and karaokemark. des. wait until I see u mate. hadrians wall was built to keep YOU out. lol

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2014, 16:05:13 PM »
Don't be silly Jack, old Willy Wallace could,nt do that ,or was it Mel Gibson. lol., ps you owe me a pint, the champions could,nt beat the Arsenal.  ;)  :)  :)  :)  :)

Offline Jack13

« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2014, 22:15:21 PM »
aye. but they should have. some very strange refs. decisions. imo!!!!

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2014, 22:31:24 PM »
See what I mean???? Football mentality!  :o

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2014, 06:29:34 AM »
And from a fellow Jock too Toky.  ;)  :)

Offline Aaitken11

« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2014, 01:01:03 AM »
All i can say is well said Colwyn clever clever man indeed.  We are not all numpties that cant see the wood from the trees. Really fed up of scotland being governed by a party  that scotland have never voted in in the first place. Time to change all that.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2014, 01:39:03 AM »
I would urge everyone to watch this excellent summary from Scottish economist, Jim Swift

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AB7XMxCkorI

And on what basis, other than his self declaration, do you adjudge him to be an economist?

JF

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2014, 13:44:41 PM »

Re: Jim Swift.  Any credibility he had is destroyed by his passion for a No vote.  He is a Tory councillor from a very affluent area of Scotland where the level of deprivation and poverty is way below the average.  His brand of referendum economics is nothing more than Better Together propaganda.

I've never known anything like it in my life. It has divided families, caused rows amongst neighbours, No campaigners being called "Traitors", "scumbags",  "Braindead" among other things. A lot of it IMHO is football mentality. ie anti English brigade. They don't have the foresight to see beyond a win against the English. I am gutted at how this is panning out, the aggression thats around,ect is awful. I am Scottish through and through, and very very proud of it but as such, I am part of a United Kingdom and hope with all my heart, it stays like that.

I was at a Yes campaign meeting last week and can concur with everything you say.  I was surprised at the bitterness shown by many towards both "the English" and anyone who was contemplating voting no.  What also surprised me was the animosity towards "the authorities" in respect of housing, fuel prices and social deprivation in general.  If I was an undecided voter, it'd been enough to make me vote No the next day.

JF

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2014, 14:15:35 PM »
We live near the local SNP Councillor who married the personal assistant of Salmond when he was our M.P. There are "Yes" signs in a few field by the roadside which the owners have put up.  Last week a couple of people put up "No" signs in front of their properties.  They have all been smashed down!   The Yes campaign are a real lot of bullies who throw eggs, shout down any opposition and smash down signs.
I don't feel that Scotland has been badly done to by any of the Westminster Governments.  I know we in Scotland get £200.00 more each per week than our English counterparts.  We get free prescriptions, free eye tests and also free University places.  When I had a job in the local primary school, I remember the children who moved up for England always had to be put down a class or two as they were never as advanced as the Scottish kids.
The Yes Campaigners keep saying Scotland will be a best and fairer place, but if you ask any of them to name one fairer thing, none of them can. :o

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2014, 15:27:05 PM »
For many, many years to come Scotland will be bitterly divided over this,whether Salmond gets his crown and his castle or not.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf