Author Topic: vetinary doctors  (Read 3086 times)

Offline ausgal

« on: June 09, 2006, 08:41:01 AM »
My little cat had to go to the vets, I thought I would have a change from Kents as they have got a monopoly on the British and are getting too busy. Pasteur (just down from Migros) was recomended to me, he was so rough whith her he ripped and I mean ripped the skin off her head trying to force her by the scruff of the neck to lie still. this resulted in her having lots of stitches, and they all came out I had lots of problems.
My Husband took us to the vets at the dogs home on the Üzümlü road, we saw Emra I think is how you spell it, He was so gentle and gave me cream, gave me advice and she was getting better, being a cat she scratched herself and opened a new wound, back to vet. guese what he did?, used glue instead of stitches (modern technology in Fethiye folkes) her skin is so thin stitches don't hold.
I discovered Emra and another vet has a shop in Gunlukbaşi on the main road called PET LIFE he sure saved my little cat and I can't thank him enough. I do now give to the homeless dogs and cats because they do a fantastic job but I go to Pet Life for all my other needs. sorry I have written a book but believe me I can not praise this vet enough. ausgal

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
vetinary doctors
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2006, 12:00:47 PM »
That's probably why Kent's are having their new surgery built, because they're so good!

Offline teresa321

vetinary doctors
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2006, 12:54:25 PM »
well having just requested details of one recommended by Hazel, I now know of one to avoid.  Are Kents good?  Also what about language, I will be enrolling for the classes but probably will not live long enough to discuss my doggies needs in Turkish - do they have English speaking vets?

teresa

Offline ausgal

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2006, 14:59:14 PM »
I think they are probably having a new surgery built mot because they are so good but due to the money they charge, I am not saying they are not good. I just know from personal experience that Pet Life is better. try Emra and judge for yourselves. THEY SPEAK PERFECT ENGLISH. ausgal

Offline teresa321

vetinary doctors
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2006, 16:43:56 PM »
I was going to ask if Kents charged inflated priced and you appear to have answered this. I think the vet you are talking about is the same one that Hazel is recommending elsewhere.

Thanks
« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 16:47:46 PM by teresa321 »

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
vetinary doctors
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2006, 17:02:53 PM »
Well, we've all got our own opinions. Kent's are good enough for our 3 dogs,2 horses and a cat. They're English isn't perfect, and neither is our Turkish, but we make ourselves understood. I've compared their prices to others, and they are about the same.

Offline ausgal

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2006, 07:38:21 AM »
You obviously get a discount for bulk buying,  ausgal

Offline ausgal

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2006, 07:39:44 AM »
and just for the record my Turkish is pretty good!! it has to be seeing as my Turkish husband doesn't speak English. ausgal

Offline doll

vetinary doctors
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2006, 08:17:02 AM »
a hair cut for my dog is 30 tl
ausgal do you no the prices for pet life?
doll

Offline karenChris

vetinary doctors
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2006, 09:38:32 AM »
Try the vet opposite the Shell station on the Mugla road.
They have looked after our pets since we arrived with them from England. They also look after Karens parents pets.
Service is excellent. They did a major operation on Karens mothers dog and the dog is better than ever.
Before they look at your pet the vet will get down and play with the animal so that it feels secure and will know him again. for minor things he does not even charge us.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf