Author Topic: RECOMMENDING SAMAN - NO INTEREST TO MEN  (Read 2856 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
RECOMMENDING SAMAN - NO INTEREST TO MEN
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2006, 13:26:18 PM »
Hi Cavfan,
KKOB is right, it's not the same shop.
Jacqui.

Offline going east

• Cromer, Norfolk, UK
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2006, 14:08:26 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Jacqui Harvey

Hi Girls,
I can really recommend a shop called Saman in the old town.  Run by a couple who are such nice people. They never hassle you and people walk in and out without any sales talk.   They sell costume jewellery, clothes etc., but mainly jewellery of which 70% is made by the owners.   They close for 3 months in the winter and travel to places like Vietnam to get the raw materials for their jewellery.  The jewellery is unique and I cannot resist this shop and as soon as we walk in the girl gets my husband a chair and gets us both a drink.  I was luck to be able to visit with my daughter last month, who now also is hooked.   On this visit we were shown a German fashion magazine which is featuring the jewellery from Saman, which is being sold through a shop in Germany who are really charging a lot for these pieces, which is amazing when the Fethiye prices are only from 5 YTL up to 60 YTL.  When I wear this jewellery back in the U.K. I always get remarks from people asking where I bought it.
Can't wait to get back again in September - always my first port of call in Fethiye.
Jacqui.

Offline going east

• Cromer, Norfolk, UK
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2006, 14:13:10 PM »
do they wholesale their jewellery? i run a gift shop in the UK and usually buy jewellery from istanbul but have not had a chance to go there this year, am visiting fethiye end of sept for 3 weeks and am interested in buying jewellery if there are any wholesalers in this region.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2006, 20:20:45 PM by going east »

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2006, 17:01:09 PM »
I would think they do, as they are exporting it to German shops.   Give them a try when you go to Fethiye.  I have their card with their phone number, if you want to email me I will let you have it.
Jacqui.

Offline Jo

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2006, 17:32:06 PM »
I always visit this shop whenever I am in Fethiye.  I always buy something, it is like Aladdins Cave!  We will be back in September looking for birthday presents.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf