Author Topic: Istanbul Gift Shop, Fethiye (bad)  (Read 2189 times)

Offline ChristineBarker

Istanbul Gift Shop, Fethiye (bad)
« on: July 25, 2006, 23:21:21 PM »
Be careful if you use Istanbul Gift Shop in the middle of Fethiye.
My daughter made some purchases which came to £60 and they took 230 ytl off her, which works out at least £15 more than was quoted.  So be on your guard

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 08:54:21 AM »
Thanks for the info.  Give us an introduction to yourself in the members introduction section....But a very warm welcome to the forum anyway. :)

Offline cenk

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2006, 09:00:01 AM »
GBP rate is 2,80 - 2,85 , they charged 3,83 . If it wasnt a mistake , it is a big rip off.
Thank you for warning

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2006, 09:18:47 AM »
I wonder if the salesperson pressed three instead of two.  Could it have been a mistake.  Is it too late to go back.

Offline Crabbit

• The Fuhrer
  • Prolific Member
  • Location: Here at the moment .... waiting to be with my Angel Pearl again
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2006, 17:47:28 PM »
They`ll learn one day, that`s why the brits aren`t coming to Turkey.
They`re fed up with being ripped off.

Crabbit

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2006, 14:16:29 PM »
It could also be that information is more available these days and people who rip tourists off have suffered a great drop in custom - for example the 'hassle at small market' thread here.

Now one answer to falling demand is to rip off more from those who do come.

It's a disatrous policy but I bet it is happening - so just be very careful everywhere.

The honest traders win in the end, that is the nature of business and economics, we hope.

Scunner

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2006, 15:25:06 PM »
We noticed a few years ago when they reckoned it had not been a good season that the prices in september were up and stayed that way.  They were not so keen to barter and there was no offer of a "good price".
I hope you are wrong Scunner and they do not decide to rip people off.

Offline rowanis

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2006, 20:27:01 PM »
Which shop are you talking about.  There's Istanbul Silver and Istanbul Bags, is it the Aladdin's Cave style shop next to these two opposite Deep Blue Bar?  If so, if you are still here, please meet up with me tomorrow, the owners of Kelebek Gifts have been some of my closest friends for over 12 years - they would never do this intentionally and I am sure if it was this shop, they would issue a refund immediately.  Email me if you need any help with this shop or another.

Offline ChristineBarker

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2006, 10:42:50 AM »
We are not still in Turkey, home now, but it the shop on the corner in the middle of Fethiye where there are restaurants either side of a palm tree and planted middle opposite is a shop selling carpets, we did go back and he remembered her but tried to get out of it by saying he put more perfumes in her bag, this is not the point though she didn't want any more only her purchases, and he had still quoted her £60 even though he had put another perfume in her bag as he said a free gift, but it turned out she ended up paying for it even though she didn't want it and told him.
quote:
Originally posted by rowanis

Which shop are you talking about.  There's Istanbul Silver and Istanbul Bags, is it the Aladdin's Cave style shop next to these two opposite Deep Blue Bar?  If so, if you are still here, please meet up with me tomorrow, the owners of Kelebek Gifts have been some of my closest friends for over 12 years - they would never do this intentionally and I am sure if it was this shop, they would issue a refund immediately.  Email me if you need any help with this shop or another.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf