Author Topic: Bed Linen  (Read 4514 times)

Offline AnneandTerry

Bed Linen
« on: March 04, 2004, 19:10:52 PM »
Does anyone know of a shop in Fethiye selling single-bed sized sheets and pillow cases?   I know prices can be high, and I might well have to buy them in England, but then there is always the problem of weight as far as luggage is concerned.

I would also like to buy some single bedspreads, as opposed to duvet sets.

From what I could see last week, there appears to be a shortage of single-sized bedding of any description.

Anne

Offline Carpete

Bed Linen
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2004, 19:36:36 PM »
Hi Anne, I don't know if this will be any good for you but I have found  a good linen/bedding link on the shopping site www.kangurum.com.tr with a company called ABC Linen (Turkey based). I am hoping they can supply by mail order but I am in "exploratory mode" still!

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
Bed Linen
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2004, 19:52:04 PM »
Anne

Get the Dolmus to the Terminus at the main Mosque in Fethiye, when you get off walk up the hill to the T Junction at the main road and turn right, the linen shop is on your right hand side, it has everyting you could need.

Rimms

Offline lindacarl

• Pontypool - which is in WALES not England
Bed Linen
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2004, 04:32:45 AM »
Anne
We had ours made - out of better material than you can buy normally.
Bought material at Sumer (something) shop behind the fish market in Fethiye. It looks like a clothing store from the front - the material is way in the back. It's quite a large store. There are also quite a few other fabric shops around that area. We chose that one as Olga (of Cenk & Olga) recommended us to go there. We had 8 king, 16 single & 20 pillowcases made up & it cost us either £130 or £160 for the lot. We ordered them Saturday afternoon & they were ready for us at 11am Monday. Making up for the flat sheets were just 40p each & that was all included in the above prices. The material is also guaranteed - I think he said 3 yrs but may be just 1? Pretty good quality too.

Single bedspreads - I'm sure you can have them made up too. The patterns in Turkey do not seem as nice as here though. I'm thinking of buying quilted throws (Shaws do some nice ones at great prices) & putting in one of those bags that you suck the air out of as the weight is not that great. When people are going to come visit us they will be given one of these to put in their luggage.
Your visitors will be glad that they have free space in their bags when they see the prices & we all take far too much with us normally.
Linda

Offline teresa321

Bed Linen
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2004, 05:35:24 AM »
Snap Linda

I have my quilted throws in my living room ready now waiting for a bed to put them on in May. I am also going to be using vac-packs.

Teresa

Offline AnneandTerry

Bed Linen
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2004, 11:17:16 AM »
Thanks for all your help and suggestions.

I like the idea of having sheets and pillowcases made, and will definitely head for Linda's shop in May.   In the meantime, I will keep looking for bedspreads here - we already use the vacuum bags, so that will be no problem.

Thanks again.

Anne

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Bed Linen
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2004, 23:23:23 PM »
found this site earlier  :) Prices seemed quite reasonable.
May be worth a look :D

http://www.kingofcotton.com

Anne

Offline Evie

Bed Linen
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2004, 18:41:53 PM »
I would like to get some of the vacuum packs mentioned - can anyone tell me where I can buy some?
Thanks

Evie

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Bed Linen
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2004, 19:16:57 PM »
Evie
I'm sure there was a thread on here somewhere re vacumm bags
Anne

Offline brijen

Bed Linen
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2004, 21:02:32 PM »
Hi Evie I got mine from Argos and Index sell them as well.
Jen

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf