Author Topic: Gold PC Shop - Avoid!!!  (Read 5732 times)

Offline Ingol Angel

Gold PC Shop - Avoid!!!
« on: January 26, 2007, 14:16:15 PM »
A word of advice for any members who may be about to purchase from this shop - Don't touch them with a Barge Pole!!!!  I purchased a computer (made to our specifications) on 30th December.  It was duly delivered the same evening but within 1 hour had crashed approximately 4 times!!!  Due to the Bayram holiday, I had to wait 5 days before I could return it for 'observations'.  Two days later I received a phone call to say that it had all been checked and was now ready to be collected.  Once again I tripped off into Fethiye and returned, computer in hand, only to find that it not only crashed numerous times but I now had even more error messages appearing!!  OK I thought, Monday morning will find me trailing back to the shop and complaining once again.  This time, surely, they will fix the problems and all will be honky dorey!  How wrong could I be!!!  After hearing nothing for 4 days I telephoned and was asked 'Oh, have you not got it back'??  Biting my tongue, I explained that 'No, I had not got it back!!!'  OK, somebody was on their way to our house to return it.  With baited breath I watched as the Gold PC 'engineer' set it up again telling us all was 'tamam' now!!!  And yes - you've guessed it, within the next 2 hours it crashed 8 times!!  I now not only had error messages flashing up constantly but I had a beautiful blue screen and a screeching noise coming from my speakers!!!  Not to be deterred I reached for my camera and took a photo of the screen to take back to the shop the next day.  Armed once again with pc, photo and log of errors I returned and once again I was told it would be checked!  By this time, I might add, the damned thing had been back at the shop more time than it had been in my house!!!  On this occasion my patience was wearing very thin and I made them understand that if this problem was not corrected to my satisfaction my next port of call would be the solicitors office.  Again, we trailed into Fethiye to collect and could not believe that within 20 mins of arriving home, the error messages were appearing together with the blue screen and screeching noises.  Fortunately, our close neighbour, who is a computer technician was visiting and saw what was happening. He offered to take it away and test it to see what the problems were.  After keeping the pc for 24 hours he has now returned it to me and it is working perfectly!!!  So I guess the moral of the story is - stay clear of this shop if you want a pc that works!!!! If any members want our neighbour's contact details please email me privately.  He has been wonderful with us (and speaks perfect English, which is a real bonus!!!)

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Gold PC Shop - Avoid!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 14:57:40 PM »
Sounds as though they are a subsidiary of Dixons/Currys/PC World.:(

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Gold PC Shop - Avoid!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007, 15:41:30 PM »
So that's where ebay technical help hang out!

Offline sannyrut

Gold PC Shop - Avoid!!!
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2007, 11:28:57 AM »
Ingol Angel.I know what it's like for your PC to act up.Fortunately,my two sons gave me a previously used computer casing,ordered all the relavant parts and built it up.Lucky me until the hard drive started to cause it to crash repeatedly.I was really frustrated[:(!].However they got a knew hard drive and installed it.Everything OK now :).Your experience was far more worse than mine and I hope your nerves have calmed down.It really is perplexing.Good luck.Alec,Scotland.
PS. Lucky me.Don't have to go near that shop.Good advice though.

Offline LISANN

Gold PC Shop - Avoid!!!
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2007, 20:06:42 PM »
hi ingol angel

i deferently agree with you as i bought a laptop from there which had 2 years guarantee and it was fine for about 2 weeks and after that my head fones wouldnt wrk so i took it back to the shop to see what was the problem they said its something inside thats broke so we will have to send it off to istanbul for the guarantee so i said ok but when will it be finished and ready for me to pick up they said 30 to 40 days i was a little shocked when they told me but i said ok because i wanted it fix.so i left it with them and my number so they could ring me when it came back.so i waited and it came back as they had said 40 days so i whet to pick it up.and they said we will check it before you take it i said ok so they checked it and it was still broke after 40 days of waiting so i was very angry and said i want my money back they said no no we will send it back and get it fix but we will tell them to send it back within 2 weeks so i said ok.so they rang me when it came back and i went to get it they said sorry we have checked it again and its still not working so i said im really not happy with this. (but what can you do) so i was shouting this time and they werent going to do anything with it and i was traverling back to england on the monday so i just took it and as iwas going the women came running out and said to my boyfriend u must sigh this i sad to him dont sigh it but because he didnt want all the hastle he just sighed it and we went so after nearly 3 months of them having my laptop it still not fixed to this day.. and my mum bought a computer from ther and it started conking out like yours ingol angel and we took it in and took it in and everytime we brought it back home it went off again and we had took it about 10 times and my dad said ill fix it so they didnt even fix that one either. so yes do AVOID the gold computer shop its really bad take my word for it.

thank you for reading took me ages to write this hehe.

lisaxx

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Gold PC Shop - Avoid!!!
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2007, 20:25:07 PM »
Your Turkish keyboard is working fine  ;)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Gold PC Shop - Avoid!!!
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2007, 05:17:55 AM »
Na, the full-stop and comma keys aren't ! :D

Offline stuart

• Professional Spammer
Gold PC Shop - Avoid!!!
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2007, 06:29:18 AM »
i think they are the same kind of set up as pc world etc.!! its maybe worth mentioning that i bought the system i use with now from them recently as i was seriously underpowered..it crashed to!! took it back , they said it was the ram that was faulty ordered a new one fitted it the next day and all is well....so far!!!!

Offline LISANN

Gold PC Shop - Avoid!!!
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2007, 12:11:17 PM »
hey

you lot stop taking the mick out of me it took me a long time to do that!!

hehe lisaxx

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Gold PC Shop - Avoid!!!
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2007, 16:18:01 PM »
My eyes need testing now!!!

8)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2007, 16:18:46 PM by stoop »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo