Author Topic: Turkish Tailor/Clothing alterations  (Read 4139 times)

Offline Linda

Turkish Tailor/Clothing alterations
« on: May 08, 2007, 08:26:00 AM »
Can anyone recommend a tailors in the Fethiye area for clothing alterations and made to measure clothing ?

Thanks   :)

Offline chrisvessey

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2007, 12:29:33 PM »
Cannot remeber the name but just on the bend before Migros on the left hand side (coming from calis)is a small excellant tailor shop. it looks nothing from the front but the people in it are really good and inexpensive. I have used it lots of times and although they dont speak much English, with sign language etc I have always managed to make myself understood. Good luck an dhope this helps

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2007, 12:45:34 PM »
 :)Thats really hany to know,last year my daughter had a suit made in Hisonaru and the lady didnt seem to mind that she had used material with holes in, DOH.:P

Offline SEVIYORUM

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2007, 16:35:06 PM »
Theres an excellent tailors in Gunlukbasi. Highly recomended!! I take clothes out for him to mend for me. He cannot speak a word of English but he's a lovely guy and is really cheap!! He can do anything, he's really clever! I don't know the name of his shop but he's on the dolmus route.. His shop is on the main Gunlukbasi road. If you get off the dolmus as it turns the corner onto the main road, it's on the same side, walk up a little past the cake shop and he's the first tailors that you will come to. There's a couple of steps down into his little shop :D
Rach xxx

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2007, 21:21:13 PM »
We've used him too.  Fantastic service every time :)

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2007, 11:20:00 AM »
that is the same one i have used i brought some voile curtains and fancy lace on the bottom and with lining over from England and they were a bit long i thought he might have a problem but no the results were excellent,

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2007, 11:52:57 AM »
 :) Nice to know Puma, whats he like with alterations, just in case I lose some weight, :D Doubt it, ;)

Offline SEVIYORUM

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2007, 21:23:31 PM »
If Puma means the same man as i meant then he is Superb with alterations Moe. When i lived out their i lost weight and virtualy needed all of my clothes taken in! He's fantastic!!

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2007, 21:26:59 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by SEVIYORUM

If Puma means the same man as i meant then he is Superb with alterations Moe. When i lived out their i lost weight and virtualy needed all of my clothes taken in! He's fantastic!!

Sound, ;) its handy to know. :P

Offline Linda

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2007, 14:38:05 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by SEVIYORUM

Theres an excellent tailors in Gunlukbasi. Highly recomended!! I take clothes out for him to mend for me. He cannot speak a word of English but he's a lovely guy and is really cheap!! He can do anything, he's really clever! I don't know the name of his shop but he's on the dolmus route.. His shop is on the main Gunlukbasi road. If you get off the dolmus as it turns the corner onto the main road, it's on the same side, walk up a little past the cake shop and he's the first tailors that you will come to. There's a couple of steps down into his little shop :D
Rach xxx

Please could someone explain whereabouts this tailors is. Not residing in Calis I'm not familiar with the that particular dolmus route, therefore directions from Fethiye would be helpful. Is the main Gunlukbasi road the one with the Shell garage or am I completely off track? Also does anyone know the tailors name please>

Many thanks
Linda  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf