Author Topic: Turkish Tailor/Clothing alterations  (Read 4138 times)

Offline Christie

Turkish Tailor/Clothing alterations
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2007, 16:16:06 PM »
This is probably not what you want, but when we were over in June we used the lady who is round the back or Er Oz hotel.   My friend took her in a M & S skirt, and asked her if she could make up a copy in a different colour.   She copied it for her exactly at half the price of the skirt.

Offline chas70

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2007, 18:51:09 PM »
Had two pair of trousers made in july one pair for 60 lira and 70lira fitted perfectly going back next week for more his shop is in Fethiye will gethis name location will post it next week we are staying in the cem apts calis for 4 weeks arrive on monday 3rd

Offline sominekebap

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2007, 18:54:14 PM »
Have a safe flight and nice holiday Charles.

Offline Linda

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2007, 07:18:54 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Linda

quote:
Originally posted by SEVIYORUM

Theres an excellent tailors in Gunlukbasi. Highly recomended!! I take clothes out for him to mend for me. He cannot speak a word of English but he's a lovely guy and is really cheap!! He can do anything, he's really clever! I don't know the name of his shop but he's on the dolmus route.. His shop is on the main Gunlukbasi road. If you get off the dolmus as it turns the corner onto the main road, it's on the same side, walk up a little past the cake shop and he's the first tailors that you will come to. There's a couple of steps down into his little shop :D
Rach xxx

Please could someone explain whereabouts this tailors is. Not residing in Calis I'm not familiar with the that particular dolmus route, therefore directions from Fethiye would be helpful. Is the main Gunlukbasi road the one with the Shell garage or am I completely off track? Also does anyone know the tailors name please>

Many thanks
Linda  :)

Can anyone help with directions please?

Offline miaspyro

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2007, 07:23:03 AM »
 :) yes the shell garage is on the main road, you can't miss it, it has been dug up for the last few months.  I don't know  the shop but it sounds as if it is near the police station [?].  if that is not right can someone let us know because i would like to find it as well. Thanks in advance Mia

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2007, 08:50:00 AM »
If you get off the dolmus a little past the police station before it turns down into Calis you'll be near enough the shop.

Offline Linda1953

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2007, 10:53:44 AM »
there are a few just up from the main mosque just on that back road that the calis dolmus travels along Terzi Erol etc

Offline miaspyro

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2007, 16:14:11 PM »
can only agree with Chris regarding the little sewing shop just past migros.  Had a skirt altered and the hem redone including the lining cost 3ytl i am more than satisfied, great little place with great choice of material.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf