Author Topic: Midges at Patara Beach  (Read 2427 times)

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Midges at Patara Beach
« on: July 22, 2007, 13:11:05 PM »
We love Patara and have promised my daughter that we will visit on our trip next week, however when we were there:([xx(] in May we were eaten alive by little black midgey things, that itched and itched for days afterwards.  Was this a seasonable problem that is only likely to happen in May or are the little blighters there all year round ?  We hadn't noticed them before......:(  It was so bad that it would definately put us off going.  (unless we had one of those patch things !) ??

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
Midges at Patara Beach
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2007, 13:27:43 PM »
Hi pookie, we went this time last year and the most pain we experienced was trying to walk on the sand to the sun beds as the sand was too hot. That was August last year, no sign of any midge things and we will be going back again this year.

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
Midges at Patara Beach
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2007, 17:02:19 PM »
we stay in parara for 2 weeks one year and the mozzie's there are heavy weights,take a repellant with deet in it

Offline tel

Midges at Patara Beach
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2007, 09:42:55 AM »
Been to Patara beach three times over various months and never seen any bad bugs. That was at the conservation end where the bar restaurant is.  Also been recently on jeep safari, which goes further down the beach in June...no bugs, but by far the worst episode of under current waves about.  We had to help several tourists out of the water.  Lovely beach, but take care in the sea.

Offline sannyrut

Midges at Patara Beach
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2007, 10:06:13 AM »
Yes pookie.I know the little black midge things.I got bitten at the pool a few times,but obviously not to the same extent as you did.I am still trying to order my patches for September but some b***ard used my credit card details before I could order and I cancelled the card. I am still waiting on a replacement:(I don't know the name of those wee black ones but on holiday in Letoonia a number of years ago,we kept getting bitten around the ankles by what looked like a slightly smaller version of a house fly.Itch itch,really annoying.Hope my replacement card comes soon.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf