Author Topic: dental implant  (Read 8679 times)

Offline lindacarl

• Pontypool - which is in WALES not England
dental implant
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2007, 01:46:03 AM »
Sue
I'd strongly advise you to go to him the 1st day you're out there as he will want you to try the bridge before putting it in permanently. The first time we were out for a month but didn't go see him till the start of the 3rd week. He did fit the 4 tooth bridge + renew a crown (unfortunately his technician made a 1 tooth instead of 11/2 tooth crown so that has to be replaced later - there won't be any additional charge. He gave me the clickable in denture style removeable bridge BUT I couldn't get on with it. Had I gone to him immediately we could have sorted this then.

Last time we were out for 2 weeks. He got the new porcelain only clickable bridge for me BUT he wanted me to use it for a while before he put in for good. He wouldn't do the 11/2 tooth crown as he wanted me to be able to eat in case the removeable bridge I wasn't happy with. I now leave that in 24/7 but I think it needs a bit of adjustment although it's not uncomfortable at all I feel it needs to be a little bit more up on the top gum. I keep clicking it up & down when I'm thinking - doesn't happen too much then! LOL My grandma used to do that with her dentures - am I turning into her? LOL Hopefully when he puts it in permanently, he'll sort it & it'll be OK.

Even my closest friends/relatives didn't realise the teeth weren't mine. It's great to be able to smile again - most people didn't realise I'd lost a few teeth recently as I'd stopped the wide grin as I was really self conscious of the missing teeth - I can do that again now! YIPPEE!

I hate injections so he even numbs the tooth before he does them - you can choose which flavour numbing gel. I also can't stand anything in my mouth - dentures I just could not have tolerated UGH! When I nearly threw up as he was making the mould he grabbed it out & now gives me a quick mould that usually is only used for kiddies - a bit more civilised than in UK.

He even puts on videos for you to watch. Frank the dentist is one he likes but the best is the wedding one where the bride loses her teeth LOL - that is bl...y hysterical. NOT your 'normal' dentist. Ask to see it!

Offline Cheryl

dental implant
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2007, 15:15:37 PM »
Hi.
I had an implant done about 10 years ago in UK costing £1000. my dentist says it would now cost £5000 per tooth in UK.
I have visited My dent in the top road behind the Dolmus depot. and had a crown made. that was very successful I would consider having an implant done. but remember that when they do these you have to wear a false tooth for 6 months whilst the titanium root is being accepted by your gums.  so it is not a quick fix, however. if I needed another one I would get a quote from a dentist in Turkey first.

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
dental implant
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2007, 22:47:27 PM »
That 6 month bedding in for the implant is not always the case, it depends on the type of implant and the technique. I had 4 implants on 14th January this year and the whole job was completed by mid April. I believe my implants were by the ITI system (whatever that means) and the actual implants were made by Straumann.
Ken :D

Offline bulla

dental implant
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2011, 20:47:22 PM »
Hi all

I found your information on dentists facinating. I'm having a lot of trouble with my front teeth. Most have been crowned over the years.  The left side i now have lost two very large teeth & have a plastic plate in with false teeth. The next tooth is ok  but now the next tooth to that (right at the front  )has come out for maybe the third time. My dentist here said i can't have a bridge. My only option is to have false or implants.  I can't stand the false plate i have at the top of my mouth. I keep pulling it out to eat as it makes me feel ill when food gets undereath it. I'm very embarrased to go out with no tooth in but at times i have no chioce as i can't get time off.  Any help would be apprciated or if the dentists have e-mail addresses that i could contact them for advice.

Thanks
Noreen

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
dental implant
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2011, 20:58:34 PM »

Offline Vix

dental implant
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2011, 21:11:55 PM »
Can definitely recommend Cagatay Aras- Im very very nervous patient and hes been very patient and understanding with me while I embark on the start of my treatment programme. He can be contacted on info@dentistfethiye.com

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
dental implant
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2011, 21:21:46 PM »
Hi Vix - can you tell me, cominng from Calis on the dolmus where would I take it to - the Sunday Market.

Or from the water taxi is it a short enough walk.

Thanks

H

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
dental implant
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2011, 21:38:41 PM »
I can also recommend Cagatay  he was telling us last time we were over that he has expanded his business and made a room especially for implants.  A surgeon flys down from Istanbul every week to assist him with the implants.  However, it may be that you can have a bridge you should speak to him.  If you go to his website you will see recommendations and pictures of his patients including me.  http://dentistfethiye.com/index.html

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
dental implant
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2011, 21:50:03 PM »
Mrs KKOB and I also recommend Cagatay.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
dental implant
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2011, 21:50:56 PM »