Author Topic: Garden Tables & Chairs  (Read 3660 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Garden Tables & Chairs
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2008, 10:51:28 AM »
Well I take your point of course, but cheap plastic chairs in restaurants (which should be banned under the classless furniture act of 1989) spend much of their day under tables, out of the sun.

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Garden Tables & Chairs
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2008, 13:52:07 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

I would also make a serious point on this [8)]

Cheaper plastic chairs are very risky - with a combination of any or all of the following: weak plastic, hot weather, shiny ceramics and large people, I have known countless occasions where one (or more) of the legs simply collapse under the chair.

This sends the user on a fast and very hard downward collision with the floor. Certainly enough to cause a broken arm or other very nasty injury. Certainly enough to completely ruin a holiday.

I would strongly suggest paying more and getting aluminium/wood furniture - obviously they cost more but will last forever and safely too - and in the long run may be cheaper than replacing broken plastic rubbish.

Very dangerous around pools too, as plastic slips quite easily on wet marble floors - especially when quantities of efes have been consumed ! ;)

Our neighbours bought alluminium from Ikea and had them delivered and I think the cost was very reasonable - almost on a parr with plastic anyway.

Offline IanK

Garden Tables & Chairs
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2008, 17:03:24 PM »
Can someone suggest what is considered cheap/expensive here - what is the typical cost for a decent 4 seat set in wood ?

(need to buy one in the spring)

Thanks

Ian

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf