Author Topic: Custom made furniture.  (Read 7469 times)

Offline screwdriver01

Custom made furniture.
« on: June 23, 2004, 19:49:15 PM »
We're trying to find the whereabouts of the woodman/carpenter who makes distressed looking pine furniture. It feels rough to the touch and is like the Ottoman style. We spotted the furniture when looking around a villa for sale in Hisaronu.We didn't buy the villa but loved the furniture! We believe he has a catalogue and works somewhere in Fethiye. Could anyone out there help us out?
Bob & Jean

Offline flowerpotman

Custom made furniture.
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2004, 15:04:54 PM »
TRY THE AKBAR FAMILY IN FETHIYE , THEY HAVE A WOODYARD ON THE MAIN ROAD JUST BEFORE YOU TURN LEFT AT THE LIGHTS TO GO UP TO TO OVACIK.DERYA THE SON RUNS THE EFTELYA APT IN THE SUMMER IN OVACIK BUT HIS DAD IS THERE ALL YEAR ROUND AND THEY DO MAKE SOME LOVELY ITEMS VERY CHEAP.
BEST WISHES FLOWERPOTMAN

Offline screwdriver01

Custom made furniture.
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2004, 21:26:01 PM »
well then  as nobody   could help . just thought we would let u all know we found him :-)
we have ordered all are furniture and hope to be back in turkey in october  to accept delivery. all custom built at  a price we thought was very reasonable.

Offline flowerpotman

Custom made furniture.
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2004, 23:09:10 PM »
hi did you find your original man or did you use the akbar family
regards phil

Offline screwdriver01

Custom made furniture.
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2004, 14:08:16 PM »
Hi Phil  
We used our original man, :) he's called Saban and is presently making the beach huts for Olu Deniz beach. Jean 8)

Offline Jax Aspden

Custom made furniture.
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2005, 15:33:31 PM »
Hi
I'm going to Fethiye the 2nd week in Feb to source items for a villa due for completion in May. This distressed furniture sounds like just what I'm looking for - what sort of items do these guys make and what sort of delivery times are we talking. Also does anyone know where I can get hold of leather covered dining chairs and sofas in the Fethiye region please?

Offline screwdriver01

Custom made furniture.
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2005, 20:14:59 PM »
Hi only just read your message .
We ordered our furniture  in august last year and got things delivered in october same year . If you want any details of where to find his workshop please email mail me and i will send my phone number.so i can explain how to find him .

Offline The Robbos

• Birmingham, UK
Custom made furniture.
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2005, 16:30:27 PM »
Hi Screwdriver01
My wife and I have been tring to find
handmade bedroom furniture.Any info would
be very grateful.please Email
Many thanks Dave

Offline angelabee

Custom made furniture.
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2005, 15:26:15 PM »
We got our bedroom and lounge furniture from a carpenter in the Fethiye Sanayi who have a guy who speaks perfect English. They make to a very high quality (we think so anyway!!) and we were very happy with what we paid.
They will also pick you up and drop you back at home.
Match that MFI!!!!!!

Offline daveT

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2005, 22:52:58 PM »
Think we used the same guy for our furniture for our villa in Uzumlu. Factory is very difficult to find but Pete, the salesman, picked us up at our hotel and we spent the whole afternoon at the factory at Fethiye designing our furniture. We chose chestnut wood throughout and everything was made to measure, and we are sooooo pleased with what we finished up with.
It was nice to speak with someone English who understood what we wanted and who could translate for us.
The furniture was delivered exactly on time and was perfect. Thanks youla

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf