Author Topic: Basic advice for potential buyers  (Read 40793 times)

Offline stuart

• Professional Spammer
Basic advice for potential buyers
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2005, 06:05:37 AM »
there was a public exhibition of all the proposed future plans models etc, in front of the fethiye cultural centre a few months ago. i guess they are still available for viewing in the belidiye offices. will ask arround and find out for you...

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2005, 12:12:06 PM »
Stuart, I saw the plans too, it is going to be a mamouth task! it also looks like a stroll to Soyvale, I liked the idea of the cafes on the marina, but the land area that they are thinking to reclaim maybe a bit far fetched, but if they can sell it on would re-coup a majority of the cost.  cant see this getting done for many years, the tunnel springs to mind, so may not even be in my lifetime...lol at least i could not see  high rise building on the plans, but architects have one hell of an imagination, some plans that I have seen I think they are ardent fishing fans..how big??..lol

Offline Jules1

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2005, 20:56:13 PM »
Hi
Regarding all of the above, does anyone know if this "scruffy bit of grassland" you are all referring to as the "Bird Sanctuary" area of Calis is Tourist land or not?   Because the apartment we have been hoping to buy is slap bang in front of this!   I'm sure most of you have read my previous post because I got so many replies saying "Don't do it"  We are really grateful for all the advice and I'm now doing lots of research to try to find the answers we need to either proceed with it or to bin it altogether.   As you may be able to tell we have set our hearts on this place but if it's not to be then we'll have to rethink the whole thing, luckily for us and mainly thanks to you all we have not yet handed over any money.   So, we would be really grateful for any more help or info you have please and to find out if this is "Tourist Land" becuase the guy I had mentioned earlier is supposed to be preparing the Tapu (in English) and sending to us signed and for us to sign and send back with our deposit.  So time really is of the essence in this case!   Thanks for the help.  Julie xxx

Offline lindi

« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2005, 21:08:28 PM »
Julie

If you really want to pursue this purchase then I would get a local Solicitor in the area involved.  I'm sure it would be money well spent.

lindi :)

Offline smudge

• Calis, TR
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2005, 21:45:36 PM »
Some parts i think are tourist land but dont know where the divide is, scunner will be the expert on this.
A tapu is the title deed to the property, you cant get this untill the project is finished and you have the army registration, also there is a backlog of tapu's owing to changes in the law yet to be finalised and they DONT come in English.
Have you seen the project plans, land deeds etc, if you really want to go ahead with this then come back and get a good lawyer on the case and get proper contracts with a notary stamp, a contract in English means nothing over here. Personally i would forget it and go to a reputable agent, there are lots of great houses available here at a lot less risk.
You have been given some very good advice on this forum, take heed.
Good Luck

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2005, 21:46:33 PM »
You don't sign a Tapu...

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2005, 21:48:06 PM »
jules did you read scunners post about tapus none are in english they are all in turkish and with the buyers and sellers photo on it and not signed by both of you
« Last Edit: November 03, 2005, 08:23:43 AM by puma »

Offline Tykatem

• Norfolk, UK
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2005, 21:55:42 PM »
Hi Jules,
         the only signature to appear on a Tapu is that of the Tapu officer, no one elses

Pete

Offline smudge

• Calis, TR
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2005, 22:00:52 PM »
Perhaps he is sending the big book over complete with witness's:D:D

Offline valentine

• Prolific Member
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2005, 22:19:37 PM »

We have our tapu, it is legal, there are no photos on it at all and it is all in Turkish, and we definately never signed our tapu.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf