Author Topic: Basic advice for potential buyers  (Read 42707 times)

Offline lindacarl

• Pontypool - which is in WALES not England
Basic advice for potential buyers
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2005, 22:26:35 PM »
You don't sign a Tapu.
Neither does the Tapu have both the buyers & the sellers photos on it. If it does then worry!
I thought the bird sanctuary went down to the sea & all of this was protected land?
Scunner - looks like your expertise is needed.
Linda

Offline lindacarl

« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2005, 22:30:37 PM »
We have 3 tapus for our 3 properties. They are all legal but one doesn't have a photo on it. It's still legal though.
None of our tapus have the sellers photo on them. If it has a photo of someone other than youself on it - I'd bet that that means you aren't the sole buyer & you don't own the property 100%
Linda

Offline Jules1

« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2005, 01:14:26 AM »
Thank you all for your help and good advice.  I've spoken to Scunner now and he's pointed me in the right direction, straight 2 a Turkish Solicitor I hope!   It's been a big learning curve but I think i'm getting there now thanks to all your help.   I'll keep you all posted on what happens next.....and the drinks are on me should we ever get to meet in Turkey.   take care Julie xx

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2005, 08:38:26 AM »
i have my tapu here in front of me which i collected myself on the 21st march 2005 from the offices in fethiye and it is white with a picture of the emblem of the turkish flag in the middle and a red design border round the edge, in the right hand corner is my picture and then it has a stamp over the picture.i was told this is to prove you are the owner and no one else can take or copy your tapu and pretend they are you (unless you had a twin)the seller and i both had our photos on the agreement that he was selling to me and that i was the buyer and we both signed that one and it was kept in the records office in fethiye,with i think a copy of the tapu also.maybe this is something new they have started to do this year
« Last Edit: November 03, 2005, 08:45:41 AM by puma »

Offline valentine

• Prolific Member
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2005, 10:37:22 AM »

I think that Cenk mentioned that its up to you if you want a photo on your tapu, but it has to go to the deeds office at the time its registered with them. As a lot of us are back in the UK at this point perhaps thats why some have photos and some not, it doesn't affect the legallity of your tapu.

Offline lindacarl

« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2005, 14:17:11 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Jules1

Thank you all for your help and good advice.  I've spoken to Scunner now and he's pointed me in the right direction, straight 2 a Turkish Solicitor I hope!   It's been a big learning curve but I think i'm getting there now thanks to all your help.   I'll keep you all posted on what happens next.....and the drinks are on me should we ever get to meet in Turkey.   take care Julie xx

Julie,
I think a great number of us will breath a sigh of relief for you at this news & we know you'll sleep a lot better at night now.
You had us all extremely worried.
I hope that all our fears will be unfounded & that things will go through without a hitch.
Even if you decide eventually that the property & plot you desired is not the right one for you don't let it put you off purchasing your dream.
We all love our place in the sun, thankfully many of us found this site before we bought & benefited from Scunners help. You can & should trust this man - he's helped many of us.
Good luck & hope you get your dream - without hitches!
Linda

Offline valentine

• Prolific Member
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2005, 15:46:26 PM »

Julie, I can only echo what Linda says and wish you luck in whatever you finally decide to buy. We love our place in Calis, the big problem is not being able to visit it as often as we'd like! Please let us all know how you go on and when you have bought your place in the sun!

Val

Offline Jules1

« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2005, 18:44:28 PM »
Hi all,
I think I had my wires crossed earlier with regard to Tapu and contract being new to all this.   From what Scunner has told me and from your replies on here, i've gathered the following, I'm sure you will correct me if I am wrong:

The contract he is sending me is to confirm my intention to buy and the vendor's intention to sell at the proposed price. (not the Tapu as I had previously stated) I think he is translating a common Tapu to allow me to see what it says!!  The contract hopefully will contain the following (some of which I have now asked for, thanks to Scunners and your advice)
The following is the e-mail which I have sent to them today and hopefully I have asked for all the relevant things to be in the contract.  If I have missed anything you think may be relevant or if I'm totally on the wrong track, I'd be grateful if you could let me know:-

I would like there to be a penalty clause in the contract to make sure that I am compensated if the build time runs over that promised    Also confirmation of expected completion date.   I understand this is common practise when buying a property off-plan.

I need a specification of the property within the contract, including all materials used in construction, fittings to be used etc and a detailed plan of the property along with the total amount of the property.

I will also need to check that there is a proper schedule of payments within the contract, relevant to the stages of the build process.   I believe a typical schedule of payments would be to pay at stages such as:

1)  Initial deposit of £10,000 after the relevant legal checks have been made by solicitor (hopefully within 1 week from today)
2)  completion of the concrete structure.
3) completion of internal and external works (after choosing, tiles, kitchen and bathroom fittings)
4)  completion of the garden, pool and landscaping
5)  with a final payment due when the keys are handed over and the property has been passed by the state building inspector and inspected by myself.

I also need to ascertain who is responsible for paying the property tax, I believe that this 3% tax is divided equally between the builder and myself, I need to make sure this is stated in the contract also.

I believe my solicitor has to perform the some checks which usually take about 3-4 days before I enter into the contract.   I have e-mailed 3 potential solicitors in Turkey and hope to have a solicitor sorted out by Monday 7th Nov.   I will let you know their name and details as soon as I have them.

I will also sort out a fair amount to pay for your fee's for  helping with the transaction and we can put that into the contract if that is acceptable to you also.

With regard to the schedule of payments I've been led to believe that the bulk of the money paid by me should come at the end of building once I have inspected the property???  Did everyone else do it this way?

Thanks for all your help, I'll keep you posted once I've had word from the solicitors.

take care
Julie   :o)))  
xxxxx

Offline katespot

« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2006, 20:53:40 PM »
Hi - I heard in Calis last week that if you see a property with an estate agent you dont know, you can buy that property through another agent you trust, is this true?

Many thanks

Kate

x

Offline ronzeus

« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2006, 21:22:14 PM »
In most cases.Yes.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf