Author Topic: J.Lou Boutique - Hisaronu  (Read 5181 times)

Offline dorothy_1230

J.Lou Boutique - Hisaronu
« on: June 12, 2008, 16:15:26 PM »
i found this boutique opposite AZDA last year but this year it is very different and i wanted to share my experience with you all....

It is only a small boutique but they sell clothes from size 6 - 32!!
They have English brands such as Principles/River island/Evans/John Rocha and Marks and Sparks at a fraction of the cost with nothing above 15GBP.

My husband was not happy when i walked out with 3 tops and 2 pairs of trousers however when i explained that i had spent 60GBP and wore my new top and trousers that evening even he thought it was a bargain!!

Being a size 18-20 i have always found it hard to get clothes in this area but now i do not have to worry and the English owners tell me that they plan to open 2 days a week during the winter time so no more trips back to the UK and the money i save on flights i can spend on the clothes themselves....

Have a look. i think you will agree it is just what us larger ladies need (not forgetting those of you luckly enough to get in to a size 6!!)

Offline mac

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 17:18:36 PM »
thanks for the info will look out for it when next in turkey roll on september

Offline baby.boo

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2008, 18:41:33 PM »
ooo sounds good
will pay a visit in august

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2008, 18:48:23 PM »
Thanks for that.  Will have a lok in September.

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2008, 19:24:56 PM »
thanks for that post louise will pop in when we go to hisaronu

Offline crystalgirl

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2008, 10:31:46 AM »
Were going to have a look today-I have a hard job finding any clothes I like for myself here in Turkey.

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2008, 11:08:27 AM »
Yes, thanks very much for that.  If you can, can you see if they are open in the winter (could I be THAT lucky) as it's winter clothes I could do with.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2008, 12:30:22 PM »
I wnt last week. Not much selection for the "larger lady". Their stock is at the port in Izmir. They don't know when it will be delivered. Best bet is to take a dress/ blouse/skirt/shorts that you like the style of and take them to the tailors/fashion shop opposite the Aura Garden in Calis. She will measure you, take a pattern and make it up for you cheaply. Just choose your material at her shop. She has a good selection. Failing that, buy your material in Fethiye and have it made up.

Offline hydeaway

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2008, 16:48:15 PM »
about time they catered for larger women my wife struggles out there and its true big is best lol thats my opinon anyway.

Offline Boutique

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2008, 17:39:54 PM »
I am part owner of J.Lou boutique in Hisaronu. Firstly thanks very much Dorothy for your positive comments. I did not realise this site existed until a lady told me what had been written earlier this week.

Last year we were asked to stock the larger sizes and we are doing are best to keep the shop stocked with as many size 16s and over as possible. As we are importing most of the larger sizes from the UK (Evans Bon Marche and M&S etc) customs are proving a real challenge as they can take a long time to clear the goods and send them to Fethiye.

We have new stock in customs at the moment which ranges from size 10 - 32 and that stock should be cleared and in the shop by the end of this month we are told. We are also planning a trip to istanbul to look at another range of clothing up to a size 22 at the end of the month so i am sure we will have a larger selection soon.

We also plan to open two days a week during the winter (stocking a warmer range of clothing) and once i confirm which days we will open with my business partner i will post the details on this site and we will run an advert in the Land of Lights.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf