Author Topic: Order your Xmas Cake now!  (Read 1893 times)

Offline Janice1971

Order your Xmas Cake now!
« on: July 08, 2008, 12:27:11 PM »
Due to demand, we are now starting to make our Christmas Cakes, as we all know, the longer they stand the better they get.  Our fruit will be soaked in a heavy amount of Brandy and will be covered in homemade marzipan and topped with royal icing. The price this year is 60 ytl and we will ask for a 30 ytl deposit.  Please contact us via our contact page or call Janice on 0536 4566 726 or email me on jkucuk@aol.com

Offline Crabbit

• The Fuhrer
  • Prolific Member
  • Location: Here at the moment .... waiting to be with my Angel Pearl again
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 21:56:07 PM »
ooh great, another email address for me to sell.   :D

Offline Janice1971

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2008, 07:18:24 AM »
?????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2008, 09:45:42 AM »
What Crabbit is saying is that publishing your email address on a public website will generally cause it to be 'lifted' by automated software, and it will doubtless be sold as part of an email address list to just about every spammer on the net. Your inbox will be inundated with rubbish in no time.

Offline julesbob0303

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2008, 10:13:47 AM »
Scunner, how do you cancel all the automated crap that comes through as spam?  I get loads everyday (think one of my kids entered a competition using MY email address!) [:(!]

It's a pain in the ar*e, cos every day, there's about 80 messages in my inbox, and it's all rubbish.  :(  Nobody REALLY wants to speak to me.  :( :o[:(!]

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2008, 10:23:12 AM »
It's probably too late :D

It can help sometimes to just start again with a new email address, still check the old one till everyone you actually want to receive emails from knows and uses the new one. It takes time but not as long as you might think. Also, be careful where you give out your email address.

I had a freeserve email address when I moved here, it used to expire every 6 months because you had to dial in to freeserve at least every 6 months (not likely from here!), so I emailed everyone and told them I wouldn't be checking it anymore. Within 2 months I think it was 100% junk coming in. If people really need to find you, they can.

Offline julesbob0303

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2008, 10:31:13 AM »
Thanks for that.  Thought I could just "click" on something and it would all go away!  (Getting some awful stuff lately about "how to maintain an erect***" and the like!!!)   :-\  Hope my kids haven't been on any naughty sites!   :o

Bob wants to know WHY I want to delete such things!!!   :o 8) :-\ :o

Whooops, sorry, back to the Christmas Cakes .................   :)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 10:31:54 AM by julesbob0303 »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf