Author Topic: soft furnishings  (Read 3007 times)

Offline eldestblade

• Barnsley, UK
soft furnishings
« on: July 25, 2004, 14:17:07 PM »
can any one tell me the best place for curtains made.and also where i can purchase a proper sofs bed,n how much approx,thanx eldest blade[?]

Offline robby

soft furnishings
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2004, 14:21:39 PM »
theres a shop in fethiye thats really good! we got all of our things there i thinks its called eren spot! its fantasitic! when are you going to be out? alan and dawn (my parents) will be able to give you the details of our place! i cant because i'm only 14! :)

Offline Roy H

• Father of the House
  • Father of the House
soft furnishings
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2004, 15:50:56 PM »
Eldestblade, Re - curtains :
We found this shop to be very helpful and very good especially for the range of materials available and the quality of finish. Anything we ordered was ready the next day and they would have delivered & fitted if needed.

It's in Fethiye and is one of the shops bordering the fish/veg market, (only has a small sign over the door) and is situated on the West side facing towards the main road and the marina.

Roy

« Last Edit: July 27, 2004, 19:08:04 PM by Roy H »

Offline eldestblade

• Barnsley, UK
soft furnishings
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2004, 17:38:31 PM »
thanx for the information i will go n look there when we go back in sept,do they do the measuring or do i take measurments in,do they speak english

Offline Roy H

• Father of the House
  • Father of the House
soft furnishings
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2004, 20:54:01 PM »
Yes Hasan speaks very good English. We took our window sizes and he worked out the gathers/drop etc. If you are measuring yourself allow for the existing or proposed rail height etc. I imagine he would go out and measure but there might be a bit of an extra cost involved - not sure on that one.

Roy

NB. There are masses of places that do the same thing. We stuck with that particular one because price versus quality and the selection available was good.
Other members may well suggest other places.

Offline Partygirl

soft furnishings
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2004, 22:46:24 PM »
We used Linens.  Not sure if it is a bit on the expensive side but Guel from the shop came and measured up.  WE paid a deposit in March when we went back last week to sign our Tapu all the curtains were up. Including curtain poles, rails for sun curtains and volie.  They look stunning!

Offline tracey

soft furnishings
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2004, 11:00:24 AM »
Partygirl,

I will have to sort all this out for my place in September - maybe I am being a bit thick but waht are "sun curtains"?

Offline Partygirl

soft furnishings
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2004, 00:54:50 AM »
they are just plain fabric a bit like you would use for blinds.  We have a sun curtain then a voile curtain then the main fabric curtain is just used as decoration.  so you can just have the voile curtain across and see through it or if you want to block out the sun and keep the place cooler and more private you can pull acroos the sun curtain.

Offline tracey

soft furnishings
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2004, 15:30:44 PM »
Partygirl,
thanks for this. If I go into the local curtain shop in Fethiye & ask for sun curtains - will they know what I mean?

Tracey

Offline WalgraveChippy

soft furnishings
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2004, 20:22:21 PM »
Buldan's is very good for all materials like curtains and bed linen etc. He'll come out and measure up for you and will also have the curtain rails fitted too.

The address is Iounu Bulvan Orman Isletme Karsisi 137 Sokak No. 10 Fethiye The phone number is 0.252.6144884

It's almost opposite the entrance to the Tuesday market I think.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf