Author Topic: Shoe repair  (Read 1266 times)

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
Shoe repair
« on: June 18, 2009, 18:32:47 PM »
I have a pair of shoes in perfectly good nick except that the bit of elastic that holds the buckle ont he shoe has stretched. I don't want to throw them away for such a small repair and was contemplating taking them to Turkey to get the job done. Anybody had shoes repaired out there that can recommend a cobblers in Fethiye?

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Shoe repair
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2009, 18:40:02 PM »
There are several around the Fish Market area. All of them are good and a lot cheaper than the UK.

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
Shoe repair
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 18:53:48 PM »
Cheers KKOB I can't get anyone to do it in the UK- heels,soles and keys is about it.

Offline Crabbit

• The Fuhrer
  • Prolific Member
  • Location: Here at the moment .... waiting to be with my Angel Pearl again
Shoe repair
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2009, 19:34:38 PM »
I have a pair the same,  in good condition but one buckle is a tad loose.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Shoe repair
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2009, 19:36:30 PM »
I have a much loved pair of green jungle pattern Jimmy Choo's and I have worn them a lot.  They really needed to be soled and heeled. I lost one heel in Calis. so I took them to a shop by the fish market.  When I walked in there was a row of people waiting and an old man working on shoes.  I handed over my lovely shoes and he told me to come back in one hour (no receipt etc.,) My husband persuaded me to leave them. I had some doubts. In one hour we returned and my shoes where sitting in a row of the most indescribable battered old shoes they stuck out like sore thumbs.  I just picked them up and was charge 6 Lira.
We were really sorry we did not take a photograph of them.  However, he made a lovely job and really cheap, but I would never have left them in the U.K. without a receipt.
Jacqui.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf