Author Topic: Aqua Apartments, Calis Beach  (Read 1887 times)

Offline mitch

Aqua Apartments, Calis Beach
« on: August 14, 2009, 21:21:24 PM »
Hi. I'd like to introduce myself. I am new to this forum, but having just returned from our second holiday in Calis was keen to check out other people's experiences. We loved Calis and were there in July with our two young children (both under five). However despite enjoying wonderful weather and a warm and friendly reception from those we met in the resort, we were not so impressed with the self catering duplex apartment that we booked online. I just wanted to alert others. We booked our accommodation online through Starfish Lettings and stayed at Aqua Apartments. The duplex apartment was very modern, clean and well equipped, set in well maintained gardens with a pool; but unfortunately the letting agency deemed functioning locks to be an optional extra. We were not provided with that option (despite daily requests)!

One of the doors to the apartment was left unlocked on our arrival and we were not given a key for it at all during our two week stay. Which obviously left us very vulnerable with two young children and the master bedroom being on a different floor from the other two (one of which was unlocked) on the floor below. Despite my husband sleeping downstairs with my daughter (for obvious security reasons), we were burgled twice in two days. Thank God it was only material stuff that went and not my babies! Starfish Lettings still failed to rectify the lock situation. My point is that we would highly recommend a visit to Calis, but wanted to warn others so they did not find themselves in a similar, or God forbid, worse situation than us.
Go to Top of Page

Offline lmaddy

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 21:42:59 PM »
Mitch that is such a shame because there is some lovely self catering accommodation around. I rent my villa out and there are a number of things I recommend to potential renters. It is always good to rent direct from the owner 1) they know everything about the property, complex & area & 2) it is their investment so they should do what's best to keep it in good condition & safe. For me it is important to get to know the people who are renting & go that extra mile as they will more likely look after the property. I always give very clear descriptions of the layout of the villa, the sleeping arrangements & special thoughts for little ones.

Never heard of Starfish Lettings or the Aqua apartments but what I do know and this is from the other side is that we have more trouble from renters who have gone through an agency then ones who have booked directly with the owners.

I hope you try Calis again & I am sure that by joining this forum there are a number of members who have a property that rents out. Or try www.calisvilla.co.uk.

Regards
Lorraine

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 22:54:20 PM »
A total shambles mitch, as Lorraine has said, I've never heard of Starfish Lettings and I know everyone  ;) - I hope I never have to, going by your report. It's difficult to know what you could have done, apart from reject the apartment with all the obvious problems that would have brought you.

Superb to read that you still highly recommend Calis after experiencing such shoddy and unprofessional service  :)

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2009, 23:02:42 PM »
sorry to hear and thanks for posting your experiance,i least people on here will not go to starfish letting again.hope it as not put you off calis ,there are lots of lettings from members on here, go for them next time you if you go to calis

Offline june

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2009, 17:12:35 PM »
Sorry to hear that Mitch, that is so bad and a might unusual, I also have never heard of 'Starfish Lettings' and will not be looking for them in a hurry but thanks to you for alerting everyone!.

Glad you loved Calis so much.

June

Offline mitch

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2009, 18:55:57 PM »
Thanks for your responses.  I May well be on here next year looking for availability from those of you with properties in the area.  We actually booked through holidaylettings.co.uk, but I have been on to them and they have made contact today so hopefully I'll be able to fill them in on the activities (or inactivity) of the mysterious 'Starfish Lettings' that we dealt with on our arrival in Turkey. When I searched Aqua apartments Calis Beach on Google I found that there are other complexes with similar names in the area, so just to be sure that I am not doing anyone else out of business the apartments we stayed in are featured as home 27586 on holidaylettings.co.uk

Thanks Again.  And to anyone who hasn't yet visited Calis, don't let me put you off as the area and people are fantastic!

Offline blueclad

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2009, 19:09:24 PM »
Starfish lettings have in fact a web page re various properties in Calis area including an appartment called aqua apartment with pictures, but very little about starfish lettings themselves,or indeed full  contact details. seems quite iffy to me.
pleased to hear that you enjoyed Calis
Ron

Offline jennyjo

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2009, 19:09:39 PM »
Just went to have a look and it states 'this property is no longer advertised on this site'.???

Offline mitch

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2009, 10:36:50 AM »
Sorry, the propperty number is 27856.  I have just spoken to holiday lettings.co.uk and they do not seem interested in removing the advertisement for Aqua Apartments!

Offline mavigoz

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2009, 16:23:36 PM »
i think starfish "lettings" have an office base somewhere near Karagozler.
They approched me last year to say they were going into holiday lets but its not something i get involved in so i didn't take them up on it.
However i did by chance meet some people who had rented a villa thorugh them and did not get what they had originally booked but something of a much lesser quality, so please do be aware

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf