Author Topic: Turkcell problem  (Read 2070 times)

Offline albaman

• Membership Cancered
Turkcell problem
« on: October 24, 2009, 09:23:45 AM »
I got a Turkcell sim card & internet package last month. 4GB per month for 290 units, about 60TL per month for 3G internet.

All was well until a few days ago when I tried to put further units in for another 4 weeks access to internet. I put in a total of 600 units, at a cost of 120TL but shortly after I had no internet package & my phone says -24 units.

A Turkish friend phoned them & they said it was their fault & everything would be sorted next day. When it wasn't they said 2 days to fix it. When that did not happen I went to the Turkcell shop in Fethiye  they got me an English speaking Turkcell rep on the phone. He said it would be fixed in ANOTHER 48 hours.

Meanwhile,Turkcell contacted my Turkish friend & said they have now decided it was my fault & they will not give me back my units or my money.

I will be going to the Turkcell shop on Monday & try to sort this out but, if anyone from Turkcell is reading this pay heed now. I have a lot of spare time & access to the internet & English speaking newspapers. I will make it my business to broadcast to everyone that Turkcell are a rubbish organisation who would do well to remember that there IS competition in the mobile phone networks & already I am hearing of companies that are better than Turkcell.

So, my message to Turkcell is "I do not do being ripped off!" It will cost your company many, many times the £50 you have taken from me!

Watch this space!

Dave
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 09:27:13 AM by albaman »

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Turkcell problem
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2009, 10:06:31 AM »
Be afraid. Be very afraid. :D ;):D

Offline Diverbaz 1

Turkcell problem
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2009, 11:29:13 AM »

Welcome to Turkey:D

Baz 8)

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
Turkcell problem
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2009, 14:04:58 PM »
Problem yok.Para para para.

:D

Iyi shanslar.

Offline albaman

• Membership Cancered
Turkcell problem
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2009, 14:46:29 PM »
Maybe when we start "voting with our feet" by buying services from good companies & also shouting loudly via the media about crap service from huge companies like Turkcell then they will get the message that they "must try harder".

Why do people put up with sh1t service & bull****? I won't!

Offline Diverbaz 1

Turkcell problem
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2009, 17:05:46 PM »

I didn't I moved to Vodafone.

Baz 8)

Offline wickwilly

Turkcell problem
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2009, 18:21:28 PM »
I agree with Baz. Vodafone are much better value than Turkcell and appear to be more user friendly too.

WW

Offline friar tuck

Turkcell problem
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2009, 20:23:15 PM »
Have not tried Vodafone in Turkiye YET but they certainly give me a good service with my internet package here in UK.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Turkcell problem
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2009, 20:27:43 PM »
Get stuck in Dave!

Does anyone know if Vodafone in Turkey allow you to keep your number open even if you aren't there for a few months? I find it ridiculous that people have to get a new number every time they holiday - and have to let everyone back home know what it is. In any case, a bit of competition for the old dinosaur Turkcell is just what the doctor ordered.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf