Author Topic: Amputee Football  (Read 820 times)

Offline milorni

Amputee Football
« on: November 27, 2009, 18:54:49 PM »
Some of you may remember that I posted (half a post initially!!) about my husband playing Amputee Football for GB/England/Man United. He and the squad recently spent the day with squaddies who have lost limbs whilst serving in the recent theatres of war. I have attached a clip from You Tube made by the Guardian who also attended the day and were trying to highlight the lack of FA funding on behalf of the squad. The film just features my husband's team not the squaddies who had a great day with them and some of the MAn U team and Alex Ferguson.If this link is useless then just search Amputee Football and Guardian and you'll find it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DA1gJyGANBU&feature=PlayList&p=219F298834D43E75&playnext=1&playnext_from=PLindex=71

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Amputee Football
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2009, 19:14:59 PM »
Great film Petra - thanks for sharing it :)

Offline fletch

Amputee Football
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2009, 19:50:41 PM »
Great video, great skill, great attitude, great dedication, great support for other players and great pride in performing for their country.

If only our able bodied professional footballers carried the same attributes then we may well have the world cup coming home in 2010.

Excellent.:D

Offline milorni

Amputee Football
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2009, 22:46:23 PM »
Thank you, it's really well supported in Turkey and when I was out there completing on the apartment they were playing in a tournament in Antalya,I went to eat in a bar in Fethiye and there was my husband on telly playing which was great as there is little or no coverage over here.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf