Author Topic: 2010 World Cup  (Read 1558 times)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
2010 World Cup
« on: December 04, 2009, 20:06:59 PM »
If I try really really hard, I'll be able to wish England all the very best ;)

I do however have one request of the England supporters. Please, please respect the other teams in the tournament.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
2010 World Cup
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 20:58:57 PM »
Bloody cheek!

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
2010 World Cup
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2009, 21:07:20 PM »
My sentiment is bourne out of past experience Tink:(. That having been said, perhaps I should have addressed my request to the English media.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
2010 World Cup
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2009, 00:39:35 AM »
Good draw. We will get out of this group and probably go out in the semis. My heart however thinks we will thrash all the other lousy teams and become World Champs again.

Offline fletch

2010 World Cup
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2009, 19:49:53 PM »
It's coming home gentlemen, it's coming home.  :)

Offline fletch

2010 World Cup
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2009, 20:08:04 PM »
All the let downs, all the expectations, all the dents in our pride and all the hurt! it is now the players that have the opportunity to restore our faith in them.

I truely believe that the players have the quality and ability to to once again bring England to the forefront of world football. Capello has 6 months to install some of his Italian passion into their play and we the supporters will cheer so loud they will feel our voice on the pitch, this is our time and we will succeed in winning the world cup.[^]

The one big thing that could prevent us from doing so is the scum press that seem to get off on our failures! At the minute the press have us down to win but one iffy result will turn them against the cause. :([:(!]

I believe, I have the pride and I certainly have the faith to feel that this is our time. :P :)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
2010 World Cup
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2009, 20:40:45 PM »
Clearly Fletch there are a huge number of factors which can affect England's chances. You do have a great squad and if they all stay fit you must have a good chance of winning it. BUT.......

Let's assume you win your Group and Serbia finish second in theirs.

I understand that England's head-to-head against Serbia is played 15, won 6, lost 4 and drawn 5 (Goals for 25/goals against 21). Not great.

England may have had an easy ride through the Group Stages. That can work in two ways - the team is still fresh OR they are not quite up to full match readiness.

And of course Serbia will be "pumped up" for a game against England and "will have nothing to lose".

I would have thought that those to influences alone, should make supporters just I little wary and should at least dampen talk of the final and ultimately winning the competition.

As for the English media, maybe more of that later...........

Offline fletch

2010 World Cup
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2009, 21:17:32 PM »
H, I believe factors such as easy groups etc irrelevant to our progress, by that I mean that the professionals should set their stall out from the beginning in that to be the best you must be prepared and capable of beating all opposition.

I agree that there are always shock results but usually only down to favoured team winning the game before they step onto the pitch. I also agree that other teams  relish in playing us and are pumped up for the game, but in response we must have the discipline to play every game as if it were to be against Brazil or alike.

The England players are of an age now that they have only known dissapointment and they cannot continue to live off the success of 1966. They now have a job to do for not only them but the fans, most of the players play for some of the richest clubs in the world with/against most of the best players in the world, they are some of the best paid in the world that also train with some of the best facilities in the world and in what probably is the best league in the world. Other teams have nothing to lose where we have everything to lose and supporters and players should be wary of all opposition as it should keep us on our toes.

This world cup should not be about the wives or how much a player will be worth if he has a good run, this should be about that young person running around the school playground dreaming of scoring the winning goal in the World Cup Final for his country. There are millions of these people up and down the country that never got the chance of stepping onto a pitch and settle with spending hard earned money to travel and support these players.

To me there is no easy group, every team involved in the world cup is a threat to our success.

God, I go on at times sorry.  :-\

Offline yabanci

2010 World Cup
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2009, 08:11:54 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by fletch

God, I go on at times sorry.  :-\

Now you are starting to talk sense Fletch ;)

Offline fletch

2010 World Cup
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2009, 19:01:24 PM »
Oi you! :D ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf